Nighthawk X10 or X6

I am currently looking for a new WiFi router to replace the crappy Comcast one. Currently, I’m looking at the Netgear Nighthawk X10 or the Nighthawk X6. I am trying to decide if I should spend 100 dollars more for the X10 which has 802.11AD and is about 2 years newer. What do you guys think? 

X10 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M12RE4A/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

X6  https://www.amazon.com/R8000-100NAS-Nighthawk-Tri-Band-Ethernet-Compatible/dp/B00KWHMR6G

Those are the same link.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Man... routers have just gotten borderline comical over the years.

What is it about the X10 that you think would even be worth $100 more?

3 minutes ago, King Poet said:

X10 - X6 = $100

X4=$100

X=$25

You get one "X" per $25 so really you are getting four more "X's"

Seems like a silly question when the math is quite simple

Spoiler

/s

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

14 minutes ago, King Poet said:

It has wireless AD, and is 3 years newer. I’m not sure if it is worth 100 dollars more so that’s why I’m asking.

7 minutes ago, D-man747 said:

It has wireless AD, and is 3 years newer. I’m not sure if it is worth 100 dollars more so that’s why I’m asking.

Eh... yeah. Wireless AD is pretty pointless if you're not in the same room, and if you are... then you can just run a cable. I wouldn't even get the X6 personally.

What doesn't your current router do now that you're looking to gain in a new router?

13 minutes ago, King Poet said:

Eh... yeah. Wireless AD is pretty pointless if you're not in the same room, and if you are... then you can just run a cable. I wouldn't even get the X6 personally.

What doesn't your current router do now that you're looking to gain in a new router?

It’s the crappy one from comcast. (Would buy one but for gigabit speed, you have to use theirs.) Also, why wouldn’t you buy the X6?

Just now, D-man747 said:

It’s the crappy one from comcast

The R6700 Nighthawk is more than a great upgrade from that thing and is often on sale for less that $100.

4 hours ago, D-man747 said:

It’s the crappy one from comcast. (Would buy one but for gigabit speed, you have to use theirs.) Also, why wouldn’t you buy the X6?

Comcast doesnt give out routers they give out gateways. Meaning its also a modem in that thing too. Now if your looking to stop being charged the $11-$13 a month for that Comcast pile of shit, your also going to need to buy a Cable modem as well. 

Also 802.11 AD is a bust, its never going to catch on. Your better off just buying a standard AC router or you can wait to see what happens with 802.11AC/WiFi 6. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.