best am4 wifi + bluetooth motherboard

I am making a around $1000 build, I am going to be doing a little bit of everything on it like editing videos and photos, special effects, computer programming, game development (unity), 3D modeling (blender, CAD), and gaming but I have heard bad things about most of the cheaper wifi motherboards should I go for a regular motherboard and get a wifi+bluetooth card or should I stick with the one I have or is there another one. Another motherboard I was looking at was asrock x470 master sli/ac

master/ac isn't really that good... i would rather step up to the K4 and get a wifi card...

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

master/ac isn't really that good... i would rather step up to the K4 and get a wifi card...

OK thank you What is the k4 and can i get any old wifi card or are there big differences in quality 

2 minutes ago, gabriel.vega said:

OK thank you What is the k4 and can i get any old wifi card or are there big differences in quality 

asrock fatal1ty k4 (x470)

msi pro carbon ac (x470) would fit your needs tho...

any ac card is is fine for most people

Some boards, like Asrock one you mentioned, usually includes a wireless solution like Intel 3168 AC, just to tick a marketing box, i.e. "have wireless LAN". Those are 1x1 card peaks at 433 Mbps, which is not great when your router can sometime go beyond that.

I would suggest you buy a board with mediocre on-board WiFi and swap out the M.2 WiFi card for something better since the motherboard provides the infrastructure (vertical M.2 ports, proper shielding, included SMA antenna and IPX connector) for a proper build-in wireless solution. That will also save you a PCIe card for future expansion.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

asrock fatal1ty k4 (x470)

msi pro carbon ac (x470) would fit your needs tho...

any ac card is is fine for most people

it says that the carbon isnt compatable because "1 additional EPS power connector is needed" is this a deal breaker for me ?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

9 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Some boards, like Asrock one you mentioned, usually includes a wireless solution like Intel 3168 AC, just to tick a marketing box, i.e. "have wireless LAN". Those are 1x1 card peaks at 433 Mbps, which is not great when your router can sometime go beyond that.

I would suggest you buy a board with mediocre on-board WiFi and swap out the M.2 WiFi card for something better since the motherboard provides the infrastructure (vertical M.2 ports, proper shielding, included SMA antenna and IPX connector) for a proper build-in wireless solution. That will also save you a PCIe card for future expansion.

ok thank you could you recommend any mother boards for my setup I just updates the post and put my parts list in the original post 

3 minutes ago, gabriel.vega said:

it says that the carbon isnt compatable because "1 additional EPS power connector is needed" is this a deal breaker for me ?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

no, it's a extra 4 pin you only really need when you go ln2 or something. it should boot just fine without it

18 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

no, it's a extra 4 pin you only really need when you go ln2 or something. it should boot just fine without it

I just checked and I cant seem to find a reliable buyer anywhere and it seems to be around $190 which is a little more expensive for my liking. Do you know of any reliable good motherboards that are around $100 that dosent have wifi I think I am going to buy a wifi card instead of getting it integrated 

32 minutes ago, gabriel.vega said:

ok thank you could you recommend any mother boards for my setup I just updates the post and put my parts list in the original post

The board is great. It's just the WiFi card is an Intel 3168 AC as I expected.

If this is the only thing you don't like, then you can remove the rear IO cover and unscrew the vertical M.2 mount and swap out that 3168 for something like a 8265 or 9260.

Or plug in an WiFi add-in card if you wish.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

13 minutes ago, gabriel.vega said:

I just checked and I cant seem to find a reliable buyer anywhere and it seems to be around $190 which is a little more expensive for my liking. Do you know of any reliable good motherboards that are around $100 that dosent have wifi I think I am going to buy a wifi card instead of getting it integrated 

tomahawk/pro carbon (b450) are really good

pro4/fatal1ty (b450) are good budget boards

16 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

The board is great. It's just the WiFi card is an Intel 3168 AC as I expected.

If this is the only thing you don't like, then you can remove the rear IO cover and unscrew the vertical M.2 mount and swap out that 3168 for something like a 8265 or 9260.

Or plug in an WiFi add-in card if you wish.

Great to know, would you recommend the msi tomahawk b540 + a wifi card or the msi pro carbon ac b450 over it or should I stick with that one I am thinking of  doing the pro carbon  

10 minutes ago, gabriel.vega said:

Great to know, would you recommend the msi tomahawk b540 + a wifi card or the msi pro carbon ac b450 over it or should I stick with that one I am thinking of  doing the pro carbon  

Pro Carbon is the better choice.

It offers similar performance of the Tomhawk and has a proper high-end 9260 AC built in. Also this is cheaper than the Tomhawk + 8265 AC combo.

Im using a Gigabyte Gaming 7 Wifi board, its more money but I'm super happy with it, I'm using the same processor, series of ram and series of power supply as you have selected

1 hour ago, gabriel.vega said:

I would just get the Pro Carbon, it has a great wifi/bluetooth card. A lot of people would say that having an independent one is better but I don't really care about all that, unless the motherboard I want just doesn't have one or it has a shitty one.

Plus I think the Pro Carbon is a better looking board. Either will be just fine in terms of performance, though.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

With a budget of 1000 I have to recommend gigabytes aurous  series for looks, (100-150 usd) however, performance, to tomohawk is good, and there is rog strix boards that are affordable 

Just now, Jonothan Peanut MSP said:

With a budget of 1000 I have to recommend gigabytes aurous  series for looks, (100-150 usd) however, performance, to tomohawk is good, and there is rog strix boards that are affordable 

Also, gigabyte has WiFi boards too