This Chinese Motherboard Shows Intel LIED...

The H310C chipset is a 22nm edition of the H310 chipset. 

All 100, 200 and 300 series motherboards can support skylake, Kabylake and Coffeelake CPUs, with modified BIOS and CPU Microcodes. There’re only minor differences in pin layouts between the LGA1151 from skylake/kabylake and the one from coffeelake, only 2 more pins are utilized for power delivery.  You can run a quad core 8th gen CPU like the i3 8100 with only the BIOS modification on a 100 or 200 series motherboard, but if you wish to use 6-or-8-core CPUs with 100/200 series motherboard, you’ll need to disable the two pins (and possibly a few other pins according to the design of your motherboard, because some brands have unused pins attached to power as well) with tapes, or else the current on those 2 pins WILL DAMAGE the board. A high quality old board is better for this purpose, because 6-and-8-core CPUs do consume more power. Because manufacturers didn’t test newer CPUs on old boards, CPU voltage might be a little higher than expected, but you can adjust it manually. 

11 hours ago, SkyHound0202 said:

We need a full PC build with cheap Chinese-exclusive (Intel E6500K, AMD RX 470D, GTX 1060 5GB) or strange parts (BGA to LGA CPU, forward-compatible H110 board) from China.

Actually I'm building one right now. Just waiting for the parts to arrive.

6 hours ago, imreloadin said:

That would involve them actually taking time to investigate and test products for more than an hour and a half. That shit went out the window when they decided to just pump numerous videos out every day, quantity over quality or something like that xD

Doesn't Linus pay his staff to do that? kind of makes him look technically challenged otherwise. Reminds me when they didn't overclock their Chinese 4720HQ and said it was locked.

AWOL

43 minutes ago, X_X said:

Doesn't Linus pay his staff to do that? kind of makes him look technically challenged otherwise. Reminds me when they didn't overclock their Chinese 4720HQ and said it was locked.

I don't know about earlier LTT videos, but the ones from last year (when I started watching some of them) on up, have been lazy, sloppy, and sometimes downright wrong. It's like he lost interest in being informative and careful, and has gone to just futzing around for ~10 minutes about whatever is on his mind, whether it's on topic or not. Quite unprofessional, which is just one of the reasons I rarely watch his videos. Not to mention some of the referral links in his videos are incorrect as well. There are better tech reviewers out there these days.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

What is the maximum ram? 2x16GB ECC? More?

3 hours ago, happymax1212 said:

The H310C chipset is a 22nm edition of the H310 chipset. 

All 100, 200 and 300 series motherboards can support skylake, Kabylake and Coffeelake CPUs, with modified BIOS and CPU Microcodes. There’re only minor differences in pin layouts between the LGA1151 from skylake/kabylake and the one from coffeelake, only 2 more pins are utilized for power delivery.  You can run a quad core 8th gen CPU like the i3 8100 with only the BIOS modification on a 100 or 200 series motherboard, but if you wish to use 6-or-8-core CPUs with 100/200 series motherboard, you’ll need to disable the two pins (and possibly a few other pins according to the design of your motherboard, because some brands have unused pins attached to power as well) with tapes, or else the current on those 2 pins WILL DAMAGE the board. A high quality old board is better for this purpose, because 6-and-8-core CPUs do consume more power. Because manufacturers didn’t test newer CPUs on old boards, CPU voltage might be a little higher than expected, but you can adjust it manually. 

8 hours ago, Grimy said:

just wanted to quote a chinese guys youtube comment that claims to have experience with these.

"kenny so 

Dear linus, I'm KENNY, a budget gaming PC builder in HK, and im always working around with chinese MB, yours is not the most unthinkable chinese MB I've been working with, chinese MB on LGA1151 are much more then you can imagine, and actually the one you're playing with was not meant to work with high end CPU like 8700k, it's meant for budget PC with a i3 8100, g4560, G5400 with ECC REG DDR3 (yes, your board dose support) since they are as cheap as rubbish in China, the reason you can't get the full power out of your CPU is because you haven't run through your BIOS yet, all the power control value has to be manually config manually to make your cpu turbo up in the right way, if your are not tuning it right, only one of the 6 cores will turbo up to the right speed. thats how you lost your CPU performance, you can make it right in BIOS or through INTEL XTU. And about Intel lied....Actually they do, i'm sure what they've done is just changed the microcode the make your MB unable to recognize older CPUs , the truth is we've found out all 100,200,300 chipsets can support through all 4 generations of 6,7,8 and 9 with a simple bios MOD, not only chinese MB can do that, just add in the microcode of the generation of the cpu you want, even a h110 can perfectly support a 9900k, and a z390 can run a 6700k, and we've also seen some chinese geeks had a breakthrough to run a Xeon E-2186G on a Z170 motherboard. The home gaming ITX rig i'm using myself, is using a i7 9700K engineering sample with a ASUS Z170i PRO GAMING, and it worked just fine with a GTX 1080Ti and DDR4 3000 and even overclockable... because In HK 100 and 200 MB are dirt cheap, like around US$15~US$20 to get a perfect condition 2nd handed ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI, ASROCK....etc And also because we HK buyer wont have to pay extra transport fee to get those cheap server retired ECC RAM and cheap CPUs form taobao and aliexpress, I3 8100 and i5 8400 on a h110 and b150 MB become one of my best choice besides X79 and Lga 1156 to build budget gaming PCs with. thats why i'm always messing with all those bios adding in the CPU microcode i needed, So I'm pretty sure with this~ you just search online and you can easily find packed microcode module to add into EFI bios, its just as simple as adding a NVMe support to 2~4 gen MB, And BTW, almost every DDR3 MB can do ECC REG support too, also a little mod of the BIOS will do....

"

It made me really upset that my thread didn't make it to the video:

It would seem that only @DrMacintosh gets the honour of appearing on LTT videos apparently.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I'm just going to quote myself from @Princess Cadence's topic on this because now that people outside of the forum knows of this motherboard, people will be asking this:

On 1/22/2019 at 10:01 AM, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Oh boy, why do I have a feeling that there are going to be posts asking if this is a good option to save money on their 9900k build?

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

It would seem that only @DrMacintosh gets the honour of appearing on LTT videos apparently.

@leadeater Too but he's been on the forum since before it was even made.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

24 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

@leadeater Too but he's been on the forum since before it was even made.

Before what was made? So confused lol

Quoting another Chinese commentor on the video: from 

翼王9 hours ago

The limitation is not DDR3, 8700K on this board is limited by power (up to 65W maby). 6C cpu can't get full turbo boost on it , you need XTU to remove that limitation (newer bios may also works). If you put an 8100 on it, the performance will be very very close .

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

3 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

It made me really upset that my thread didn't make it to the video:

Is that the guy with the Lancaster bomber shirt on?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Would love to see like an Aliexpress computer or Chinese-branded PC made with these sorts of products. 

11 hours ago, happymax1212 said:

Because DDR3 ram is much cheaper than ddr4, especially in China. And this is a H310C board which is a budget motherboard...

But how does it cost more for the motherboard to have DDR4 support if the chipset already supports DDR4?

i was actually disappointed in how linus acted....first ...shocked acting...oh look at the size and compared it to atx a matx..um hello have you ever heard of itx? then didnt even look at any bios setting BUT memory speed...really? in all honesty it made linus look pretty damn stupid, especially the whole mobo size thing

On 1/31/2019 at 2:51 AM, danwat1234 said:

But how does it cost more for the motherboard to have DDR4 support if the chipset already supports DDR4?

I mean if the user can use ddr3 ram in his new system with this H310C, he will save a lot. 

I've had a similar i3-8100 build for about a year now and man gotta say the ECC DDR3 RAM works like a charm on these boards. Same amount of RAM at 1/4 of the price of a DDR4.

Was deciding between the ONDA H310C or Biostar H110MD. But went with the Biostar instead lol. Was gonna get an EX-B150M-V5 D3 but I cheaped out and I regretted lol.  

The release of these board / bios mods made the OEM i3-8100 increase in price by like 30%, but still cheaper than retail versions. 

This motherboard not only support DDR3 ,but also DDR3 'AMD-only' RAM 。Even ECC RAM

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any newer motherboards with 4 slots for DDR3?