Buy a console for racing games?

Timmyethy123

Hi everyone.

I've been thinking over the past few days to maybe buy an Xbox One S. Mainly I will use it for Forza and that kind of stuff, I love the games but I hate playing them on my PC. For some reason there are tons of performance issues.

Is it a good choice to buy a (used) Xbox One S (I can get it here for €163 ($186)) or just stick with my PC. I can't wrap my head around everything and maybe you guys can give me some insight or try to persuade me into buying one.

Greetings, Timmy

You could just use that money to buy a controller and upgrade your pc

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

11 minutes ago, Timmyethy123 said:

Is it a good choice to buy a (used) Xbox One S

Speaking as a sim racer who made the switch from console to PC a few years ago i would strongly recommend sticking with the PC, saving up a little more money and either upgrading your own PC or putting it towards a new one.

What are your PC specs? You may be better off just buying a wheel which will be far superior to controller in racing games. 

16 minutes ago, Timmyethy123 said:

I've been thinking over the past few days to maybe buy an Xbox One S. Mainly I will use it for Forza and that kind of stuff, I love the games but I hate playing them on my PC. For some reason there are tons of performance issues.

Forza Horizon 3 and 5 as well as Motorsport 5 is on PC.

As for the requirements:
Its rather low for the CPU, for GPU AMD Is recommended (because its brutally optimized to run on the One X with 60fps, Forza Horizon 4 that is)

Is it a good choice to buy a (used) Xbox One S (I can get it here for €163 ($186)) or just stick with my PC.

Stick with your PC.

With that money you can get either an Xbox One Controller or a Racing Wheel as well as one or two Forza Games.

Oh and 60fps is an advantage for Racing Games.

It doesn't matter for slower RPGish Games. But fast paced games profit from higher refresh rates.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Hard to say.

What are your PC specs and would you be connecting your supposed console to the same screen or another TV in the house?

I play Forza on my PC downstairs but also play it in living room on my Xbox One.  I enjoy it on both.

I have a I5-4460. 16GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 980. Those are the main specs. As for playing. That's quite difficult, since my parents are divorced and I move between houses regularly. So about a 50/50 split between on my monitor and using it on the tv

Mainly use for travel yhea, but I also take my PC with me, so that is not the main thing. My life is a complicated situation, and I won't bother explaining it xD