No, THIS is the CLEANEST Setup.

James
On 1/23/2019 at 8:53 PM, James said:

Buy Akitio eGPU:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/n2V2JH
On Newegg: http://geni.us/wJD2R

We build a desk that transforms your laptop into a full gaming desktop workstation using a single Thunderbolt 3 cable.

Can you link the table?? Thanks

On 1/29/2019 at 7:45 AM, yitzi said:

Can you link the table?? Thanks

Somebody did higher up in the thread.

In relation to the daisy chaining of the eGPU to the laptop, would you be able to use a single port housing (like the akitio node) and connect the usb-c hub to a usb-c port on a graphics card, like the rtx 2070? 

Does anyone know where I can just buy an eGPU frame rather than getting a case like that?

Cant you just use the razer core v2? then you dont have to worry about cooling and dont need an external hub. maybe it isnt looking that clean but you save a lot of money.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so iv watched the video several times and I read the threads her and I just don’t know enough about computer stuff so I’m probably asking a really stupid question. But can you just buy a EGPU like a rog xg station 2 and plug your lap top in to that and then out to the monitor and completely get rid of the hub. From what I read on the egpu you just would hide it like the one in the video and then run one thunderbolt cord to the lap top  and one cord to your monitor. And you still can connect a charging pad to a USB port and any peripherals and other hard drive via other USB ports pleas teach me wise members 

Anyone tried this one, from levono, it has a gtx 1050 already setup 

Lenovo G0A10170UL Thunderbolt 3 Graphics Dock https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079JFW3YT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_MJ5ACbVXGTWHM

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2019 at 7:38 PM, Milli5410 said:

In actuality you guys should of picked a different laptop. The Razor Blade Stealth is only a 2 PCIe lane thunderbolt 3 output device. So the Blade Stealth is actually only outputting 16Gbps not the 40GGbps you think. So instead of the ~25% performance loss on 40Gbps, you're getting ~35% drop. So I would use a Razor blade, lennovo yoga, or even a macbook pro 13in (only the 2 TB3 ports on the right side of the 13in touch bar has 4 PCIe lanes, and the Non touch bar only has 2 TB3 2PCIe lane thunderbolt 3 ports), and the 15In has 4line PCIe thunderbolt 3 on all 4 ports. While its not big deal really, but i would want to get out all of the power out of the GPU if it was my setup. 

So other than that love what yall did. Practically my setup but I use a Macbook, and I only have a TB3 dock by cable matters. I am looking to get a EGPU at some time. But TB3 EGPU's are expense. 

Just another confusing and usb c/ thunderbolt 3. But still not a big deal at the end of the day. 

Source: https://www.notebookcheck.net/eGPU-Two-PCI-e-lanes-no-problem.266658.0.html

Now with the new Blade Stealth with it's TB3 w/ 4 lanes port, this would no longer be a problem, or am I mistaken?

• 5 months later...

I've had a really hard time finding a desk like that which isn't particle-board. That desk otherwise is unusually perfect. Wider and deeper than most desks on the market...

The only thing I have thought of is to buy Ikea's Gerton (solid birch wood) table top (61" wide, 29" deep), and attach Ikea Olav steel height-adjustable legs to it.

The problem is...it wouldn't have the cubby space. And if I made something myself, it probably wouldn't look right color-wise.

Has anyone ever come across any short, wide single-platform / cubby style attachments for the underside of a table/desk that aren't really just a keyboard tray? That's all I find, and I've been searching and searching with different word combinations for ages....

• 4 months later...

Would love an update/Revisit to this video at some point guys

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Hey Linus, I have the exact setup with a Razer Blade Stealth 13 with the regular Intel Graphics then the eGPU RTX 2080, but somehow my laptop will load 1st in "load order" at 100% and my eGPU at 20%ish, therefore running minecraft at 20 fps. I changed my preferred Gpu in the 3D settings of my Nvidia Control Panel and tried the Razer GPU Switcher and no luck. Any help?

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me the keyboard and mouse?

• 1 month later...

i saw your video plus the one with the Aorus laptop and was wondering if this setup is possible with the Aorus 15?. The only difference i am guessing is that gaming laptops do not use USB C as a means for charging except the Razer because the GPU would draw too much power to charge. 

Another thing, the order that it comes in. so its EGPU>HUB/Monitor>laptop

right?

• 3 months later...
On 1/24/2019 at 2:23 AM, James said:

Buy Akitio eGPU:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/n2V2JH
On Newegg: http://geni.us/wJD2R

We build a desk that transforms your laptop into a full gaming desktop workstation using a single Thunderbolt 3 cable.

Hey.

So I've an HP Elitebook 1030 G2 x360 and was thinking of building something like this for myself.

To be clear, I've zero experience of PC building or tweaking except of that I know by watching the channel and that I live in India which means that I've to basically pay a shit ton more for specific parts

help.

• 4 months later...

looking at doing something like this, what would the shopping list look like 2 years later?

Cheers Jamie.

• 6 months later...

Can you list all the things used for this setup without the laptop and the price. I sure need the desk.(Sorry for my bad English. I am not American/Britain)