Ping Spikes and No Options Left

callmecosmic

OS - WIN10 64bit   Up to Date*

MB - MSI Z87-G43

Bios - Legacy; American Megatrends Inc. V1.6, 11/27/2013

Router - NIghthawk AC1750; Model R6700v3

Network Adapater - TP-Link N900 (TL-WDN4800)

So a few days ago I noticed ping spikes when playing League of Legends.  Ran through the normal troubleshooting that usually fixes the problems.  Reboot, flush dns, check for updates etc....

Tested multiple games to ensure it wasn't a game server issue.  All games.  Contact ISP, no problems on their end.  Contact Netgear.  They send me a new router.  Same problems.  My

speedtest results are fine.  Nothing wrong with my up/down speeds.  Normal ping in games is around 31ms.  Every 6-7 seconds I'm getting spikes of 100+ up to 400+.  Testing ping through cmd and WinMTR pinging google.com

I figured it might be my network adapter.Updated the drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled.  Nothing has worked.  I am getting ping spikes when testing on other devices.  I can't imagine I got another faulty router.

Any thoughts?  This was working completely fine a few days ago.  Now I have no idea what to do.

(Running ethernet is not an option where I am located, plus that doesn't solve the problem with other devices.)

3 minutes ago, callmecosmic said:

(Running ethernet is not an option where I am located, plus that doesn't solve the problem with other devices.)

It's unreasonable to expect no spikes in ping when using wireless. Plug an ethernet cable in, at least temporarily and test your ping again.

Is it only league of legends? Have you made the correct port forwarding rules for QOS of LOL?

@Wufflez I agree. 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

No, it is not just when playing games.  And I understand using wireless as opposed to ethernet but again, this hasn't occurred in the last 2 years.  These are massive ping spikes, constantly, every 6-7 seconds.