ASUS Prime-B450 Plus Stuck on first boot and other problems

Dully
Go to solution Solved by G33k 4 L1F3,
17 hours ago, Dully said:

Tried. not working. BIOS is on latest version.

The Reviews I read wasnt that bad but I had not much budget and it was way cheaper than other boards on a sale by my reseller

I installed a fresh Windows 10 because I changed to an System SSD, so I had a clean system when I assembled the new PC

I will try to manually set the RAM Speeds! Because this is my first DDR4 system, is there any different to DDR3 OC?

Not really, but I recocommend following a how to as it will require some additional understanding of whats going on.

Here is a guide on overclok3d: https://www.overclock3d.net/news/memory/how_to_manually_set_up_your_ram_speed_timings_and_voltage/1

and another good read right here on linustechtips forums: 

Hello!
A month ago, I upgraded my AM3 System to an AM4 System, since then I got some several issues(?)

Specs:

Mainboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus (BIOS: 0604)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

Cooler: Noctua NH U12S
RAM: 2x8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200
GPU: nVidia Geforce 1080 FE

Drives: SanDisk 240 GB SSD, SanDisk 1 TB SSD, WD 1 TB HDD
PSU: LEPA 1000W MAXGOLD 80+Gold

1. Stuck on first boot on ASUS Logo:
When the PC is completly shutdown and I start it, it stucks on the ASUS Logo, if I´m fast enough to push ctrl + alt + del to restart it works or if I shutdown it with the Powerbutton.
What did I do: I changed the Aircontrol in the UEFI/BIOS since then this happend also if I reset it

2. RAM runs on 2100 MHZ
When I want to use the complete power of my RAM (with the quick D.O.C.P) the Mainboard bootloops 3 times and then it resets its settings! Why is this happening? 

Thanks for helping!

that mobo tests 3 times and if it fails to boot then it resets settings. 

reset the BIOS setting and try again. or remove the BIOS battery and leave it and drain the system of power by turning it on with the PSU switch off. 

update the BIOS and try again. 

imo you should return the mobo. its a not a very good mobo and just about anything else is better. 

50 minutes ago, Dully said:

Hello!
A month ago, I upgraded my AM3 System to an AM4 System, since then I got some several issues(?)

Specs:

Mainboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus (BIOS: 0604)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

Cooler: Noctua NH U12S
RAM: 2x8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200
GPU: nVidia Geforce 1080 FE

Drives: SanDisk 240 GB SSD, SanDisk 1 TB SSD, WD 1 TB HDD
PSU: LEPA 1000W MAXGOLD 80+Gold

1. Stuck on first boot on ASUS Logo:
When the PC is completly shutdown and I start it, it stucks on the ASUS Logo, if I´m fast enough to push ctrl + alt + del to restart it works or if I shutdown it with the Powerbutton.
What did I do: I changed the Aircontrol in the UEFI/BIOS since then this happend also if I reset it

2. RAM runs on 2100 MHZ
When I want to use the complete power of my RAM (with the quick D.O.C.P) the Mainboard bootloops 3 times and then it resets its settings! Why is this happening? 

Thanks for helping!

try setting XMP profile for the ram

When you upgraded, did you use the original Boot drive (windows)? If so, which I imagine you would, did you make sure to run a sysprep before swapping? conflicting drivers and sysinfo can cause boot loops (fruit loops) as well as weird anomalies such as instability with overclocking.

2 hours ago, wojtepanik said:

try setting XMP profile for the ram

unfortunately XMP isn't an AMD technology, instead we need to look more into why DRAM Over Clocking Profile is being temper mental. Even though you have the latest Firmware, If using the automatic OC with DOCP is not working, and you feel comfortable enough, consider manually setting the RAM speeds.

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

7 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

that mobo tests 3 times and if it fails to boot then it resets settings. 

reset the BIOS setting and try again. or remove the BIOS battery and leave it and drain the system of power by turning it on with the PSU switch off. 

update the BIOS and try again. 

imo you should return the mobo. its a not a very good mobo and just about anything else is better. 

The Reviews I read wasnt that bad but I had not much budget and it was way cheaper than other boards on a sale by my reseller

4 hours ago, G33k 4 L1F3 said:

When you upgraded, did you use the original Boot drive (windows)? If so, which I imagine you would, did you make sure to run a sysprep before swapping? conflicting drivers and sysinfo can cause boot loops (fruit loops) as well as weird anomalies such as instability with overclocking.

unfortunately XMP isn't an AMD technology, instead we need to look more into why DRAM Over Clocking Profile is being temper mental. Even though you have the latest Firmware, If using the automatic OC with DOCP is not working, and you feel comfortable enough, consider manually setting the RAM speeds.

I installed a fresh Windows 10 because I changed to an System SSD, so I had a clean system when I assembled the new PC

I will try to manually set the RAM Speeds! Because this is my first DDR4 system, is there any different to DDR3 OC?

17 hours ago, Dully said:

Not really, but I recocommend following a how to as it will require some additional understanding of whats going on.

Here is a guide on overclok3d: https://www.overclock3d.net/news/memory/how_to_manually_set_up_your_ram_speed_timings_and_voltage/1

and another good read right here on linustechtips forums: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/