The Fastest Xbox of All Time

nicklmg
2 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

But whats the fun in that??

It's very satisfying to just lift out the connector from the PCB without using any force.

40 minutes ago, Marenoc said:

So what AC Adapter are they using along with the HDPlex PSU? I’m assuming a normal 330W laptop adapter but curious if they had a larger one.

I am actually mid build of a similar project too this.

Yeah normal 330W laptop one.

9 hours ago, Zaazu said:

Hi,

Love your Xbox PC I like the RGB LEDs!

I also made an Xbox PC last year:

XYtz0cA.jpg

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/GsLJ7P

Mine has an i5 7600, Low Profile 1050ti, over 10TB storage, 16GB RAM. I'm running Kodi for movies and LaunchBox for my games, it's a beast.

Our machine's are very similar in the way that they are layed out. I wired up both the power and eject buttons in parallel, but on top I left the jewel green. I have a 120GB NVME SSD for my system drive, and a 1TB SATA SSD for Steam. Also, a Ryzen 5 2600 paired with 16GB of 3000MHz DDR4.

6 hours ago, JTrevail said:

Our machine's are very similar in the way that they are layed out. I wired up both the power and eject buttons in parallel, but on top I left the jewel green. I have a 120GB NVME SSD for my system drive, and a 1TB SATA SSD for Steam. Also, a Ryzen 5 2600 paired with 16GB of 3000MHz DDR4.

You gotta show us a picture of yours :D

4 hours ago, Zaazu said:

You gotta show us a picture of yours :D

Rear:

IMG_20190124_220541.thumb.jpg.edf68a1383ac7cbb8f5c11b6d92b4577.jpgIMG_20190124_220600.thumb.jpg.3d62c5071a6d92161720c3b13ea1653c.jpg

Front:

IMG_20190124_220713.thumb.jpg.5f1eda912b0af5c32b8f7136040c79e7.jpgIMG_20190124_221006.thumb.jpg.06715e47c3637bba802582508392800c.jpg

The case isn't screwed together right now, and I would like to shorten the power supply cables. I'm planning to hook up the original controller ports properly also.

It's a pretty well ventilated case with both sides as large intakes, and the rear as an exhaust.

Oh, and a boot logo:

IMG_20190124_222917.thumb.jpg.864e89abb5636afea6d6cb27de268bce.jpg

On 1/23/2019 at 2:52 AM, nicklmg said:

Buy Zotac RTX 2070 Mini
On Amazon: http://geni.us/3MzUpp5
On Newegg: http://geni.us/mBkQj

The CAD: https://lmg.gg/patrice

Hello,

Long time fan since Linus was making videos on his own well before NCIX.  Just subbed to the forum.  

Q - What is the TV stand / Entertainment center featured in the above video?  PLEASE!   

I must know, as i've been looking high and low for one with specific middle shelf dimensions, that one looks like the ticket! (need wider than 25.5 and taller than 10" on each shelf )  Please i know this is random but i could really use some help, i have not seen this anywhere!!.  been pulling my hair out trying to find one for months!

Alex is so talented. ? 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I made an account just to ask @AlexTheGreatish if there is like a box plan of the aluminium case you put in the xbox, I downloaded the cad spec sheet thing and i couldnt read it. Was hoping theres something like this. But xbox shaped.

Edit: Also with that 1-6 fold order you mentioned in the video. Please and Thankyou!

S1.GIF

Edited by AYyyKez
extra stuff

9 hours ago, AYyyKez said:

~Snip~

Maybe try eDrawings, I'm pretty sure it will let you get what you want.  If that doesn't work then I'll create a drawing with the dimensions.

Thats what I was using, from what i could tell it doesnt have the side panel lines, comparing it to the 3d render preview on grabcad and unfolding it my head. Sorry for the extra trouble if you could make the drawing i'd appreciate!

EDIT: thought I might have to tag you for you to get a notification @AlexTheGreatish

14 hours ago, AYyyKez said:

Thats what I was using, from what i could tell it doesnt have the side panel lines, comparing it to the 3d render preview on grabcad and unfolding it my head. Sorry for the extra trouble if you could make the drawing i'd appreciate!

EDIT: thought I might have to tag you for you to get a notification @AlexTheGreatish

So I made a super bad drawing, not sure everything you need is on it but should be close.

5 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

So I made a super bad drawing, not sure everything you need is on it but should be close.

This is great, Thank you! I just have 2 questions, Does orange mean 5mm rivet? and what is green?
EDIT: Is there a specific reason the GPU is above the motherboard?

{4843C2F1-1BFF-4E2D-A86A-778C49D4F958}.png.jpg

Edited by AYyyKez
another question

And this is what I see on your original upload on gradcad, half the stuff seems to be missing for some reason. Unless its meant to be like that and I just cant read it.

this one.jpg

7 hours ago, AYyyKez said:

This is great, Thank you! I just have 2 questions, Does orange mean 5mm rivet? and what is green?
EDIT: Is there a specific reason the GPU is above the motherboard?

{4843C2F1-1BFF-4E2D-A86A-778C49D4F958}.png.jpg

The 5mm holes are for a 3/16" rivet, giving you a bit of room to mess up the bends.

The green is mounting for the GPU, also 5mm but I made it slotted since I wasn't 100% on the placement.  The GPU is upside down and isn't over the motherboard, the large circle is for a fan.

That's super weird about the original, I'll try uploading it again.

EDIT: I also added a eDrawings file so hopefully that doesn't get all messed up.

I meant any reason you decided not to do it like this?

{8046B67B-73C2-44A1-813C-2C82B1BA3AA1}.png.jpg

if anyone in india wants ti build this i am willing to sell my original xbox 

@AlexTheGreatish

What did you use to connect the 4 usb ports in the front? That mobo only has 1 header so did you use a hub or a usb 3 header to usb 2?

I was looking at using this:

1717763997_51kdFbxjBaL(1).jpg.a7d1738d9afcb8244d8d392066ff897e.jpg

But I wanted to see what you guys decided on.