Which one to buy??

Go to solution Solved by Mooshi,

Not worth. When my overly expensive ROG board died on my 2500k build, I got a used board on eBay that really should have cost less. A few months in, that board gets problems and so I just built a new 6700k build after that (now my girlfriend's).

Im building the pc with these specs:

Gpu: gtx 1060 3 gb zotac

Cpu: i7 2600

Ram: 2x4 ddr3 1600 mhz

Psu: 500-550 wat

So which motherboard should i buy ?

I wont be upgrading this pc at all and i need the cheapest motherboard possible (used) cheapest but good enoguh to good enoguh to work perfectly with these components.

Thanks

i7-2600?!

it's not like you have many choices for an old CPU like that...i won't lie to you finding a motherboard for this CPU won't be an easy task and it won't be cheap....good luck!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Not worth. When my overly expensive ROG board died on my 2500k build, I got a used board on eBay that really should have cost less. A few months in, that board gets problems and so I just built a new 6700k build after that (now my girlfriend's).

10 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i7-2600?!

it's not like you have many choices for an old CPU like that...i won't lie to you finding a motherboard for this CPU won't be an easy task and it won't be cheap....good luck!

Can you give me an advice which other cpu to buy with the same gaming performance and same price but with findable (used price)

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

Any other cpus with same price range?

Wait for this summer and get Ryzen2 3000. No price on it yet, but suppose to be the best buy, from performance point of view.

1 hour ago, Tejama121 said:

Any other cpus with same price range?

if you can buy new and you don't already have the DDR3 memory i would steer you toward an AMD Ryzen 3 or Ryzen 5 build with some DDR4 RAM...motherboards and CPU's are quite cheap for this platform.

If you already own the DDR3 then i would strongly advise if you look for used CPU to get one that come in combo with a working motherboard for it...because finding the CPU is easy, finding a working motherboard for them is a lot harder...because motherboard quite often is the first part to fail...so you end up with lots of CPU's...but no boards.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR