Is the NZXT Kraken M22 worth it?

Guest MarcoTheNoob

The title says it all, is the NZXT Kraken M22 worth it?

Found a deal, only 70$. :)

But I have an question, will it leak, if yes, how big are the chances?

...and how noisy is it? Does it have at least decent performance?

(P.S: I will use it with an Ryzen 5 2600, OCd, in an NZXT H400i case.)

Thanks in advance!

9 minutes ago, MarcoTheNoob said:

The title says it all, is the NZXT Kraken M22 worth it?

Found a deal, only 70$. :)

But I have an question, will it leak, if yes, how big are the chances?

...and how noisy is it? Does it have at least decent performance?

(P.S: I will use it with an Ryzen 5 2600, OCd, in an NZXT H400i case.)

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't get an M22 when there are plenty of decent AIO's with 240 MM's which would give you MUCH more cooling headroom. A 140MM isn't the best option for anything that's around i5 performance especially if you're going to OC it.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

2 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I wouldn't get an M22 when there are plenty of decent AIO's with 240 MM's which would give you MUCH more cooling headroom. A 140MM isn't the best option for anything that's around i5 performance especially if you're going to OC it.

Cant really afford another cooler, and I would like to use an liquid cooler, instead of an air cooler.

Lets say, if this is my only option, is it any decent?

2 minutes ago, MarcoTheNoob said:

Cant really afford another cooler, and I would like to use an liquid cooler, instead of an air cooler.

Why do you need a liquid cooler? $70 can get you a damn good air cooler, and air coolers don't leak or break...???

If you can't afford a decent liquid cooler, but can afford a good air cooler, why would you want to sacrifice performance just to go liquid?

hi

1 minute ago, MarcoTheNoob said:

Assuming we're talking USD here, you can grab a DeepCool Captain 240Ex RGB in black for 70$ USD and the non-RGB white version for 70$ USD or less. It's a 240mm AIO and they're so cheap because they don't use Aseteks patented "pump-in-block" design like, virtually, every other AIO out there.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Just now, CharminUltraStrong said:

Assuming we're talking USD here, you can grab a DeepCool Captain 240Ex RGB in black for 70$ USD and the non-RGB white version for 70$ USD or less. It's a 240mm AIO and they're so cheap because they don't use Aseteks patented "pump-in-block" design like, virtually, every other AIO out there.

Heard that the DeepCool Captain liquid coolers leak, a lot.

2 minutes ago, germgoatz said:

$70 can get you a damn good air cooler

...like?

1 minute ago, MarcoTheNoob said:

Heard that the DeepCool Captain liquid coolers leak, a lot.

They leak about as often as any other AIO. People just post more videos about them because they're cheap and people go around trying to find reviews. Any legitimate review usually has nothing but good things to say. I honestly believe you wouldn't see much gain at all with a tiny 140 mm on a 2600, esp. if it's going to be OC'd. You'd be better off with a captain 240ex.

The Louvre

4 minutes ago, MarcoTheNoob said:

...like?

• Thermalright Macho Rev. B
  • Scythe Mugen
  • be quiet! Dark Rock 4
  • Arctic Freezer 33 eSports ONE

There's more but those air coolers are the ones I'd recommend for your build.

I don't see a point in going for liquid cooling since you'd get better performance out of an air cooler, plus $70 is quite a limited budget for a liquid cooler.

36 minutes ago, MarcoTheNoob said:

NZXT Kraken M22 worth it?

To me, no 120mm rad is really worth it (unless your case has no other option,e.g a particular ITX build).

3 weeks later it leaked on the 1080ti and it died. Needless to say, my friend was pissed. Amazon replaced the GPU though and NZXT replaced the cooler - but my friend sold it 2nd hand because he didn't trust it anymore.

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

On 1/21/2019 at 4:28 PM, 1kv said:

$70 is quite a limited budget for a liquid cooler

Yah, agree with that.

Is the Kraken M22 worth it, cuz I snagged an deal for the be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 4, for only 60$ (Shipped, from Germany)?

The DRP4 will perform better than the M22. High-end air coolers like DRP4 and NH-D15 are roughly equivalent to 240/280mm coolers, not 120's