Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Post Your Battle Stations and Build Setups!

Word2022

36 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

How well does that setup work? Thats kinda the dream setup Id like to move to eventually. 

Offhand, I'd say that you'd ideally like something for the KB/M other than just a lapdesk, but YMMV.  With a wall-mount monitor already in play, it couldn't be that much more difficult to concoct an articulating arm with a tray to hold the KB/M that mounts to the wall as wel--but can be moved independently of the monitor.

Anything on your lap tends to get warm after a while.  Makes your legs itchy.  Makes it hard to shift your seating posture easily. 

Looks like he's at least partially disabled though--so IDK how well any of that would work in this case.

1 minute ago, IPD said:

Offhand, I'd say that you'd ideally like something for the KB/M other than just a lapdesk, but YMMV.  With a wall-mount monitor already in play, it couldn't be that much more difficult to concoct an articulating arm with a tray to hold the KB/M that mounts to the wall as wel--but can be moved independently of the monitor.

You could probably get some kinda of board that would go over the armrests. Or DIY something. Ive seen keyboard trays that can connect to office chairs, at little DIY job on that might work. Gaming wise as long as its not an FPS or a game that requires KB/M, you just use an Xbox controller. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Not the best PC in the house, but here is my daily use setup. https://metapixl.com/p/minecraftchest1/463404664841720295. The laptop is a DELL Latitude E6440, and the Desktop is a HP Elitedesk something. (the model number is not printed on the front, and I don't feel like dumping everything off the top to see). The monitors are ASUS vs248's with DVI input. I was previously using DP for video, but I needed one of the cables for the Desktop the few times I use it, and the other cable was flaky and unreliable. The one that doesn't work is probably the one dangling down below the desk.

I added a little extra airflow 👌🏻

🤘🏻

9F3341F5-E2D2-403D-8A99-72424574EBFC.thumb.jpeg.a9c00999c305b19c2915321f6f2a41b2.jpeg

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Frost Commander 140
Asus Strix B550-XE | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200C14
EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 Ultra | WD SN850, 2x SN750
Seasonic Prime GX-750 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB