£1500 Ryzen 7 Build

spellmanuk

Hey,

i have been out of the gaming pc space for a few years however im looking to come back big time.

from my research here is the build. My budget is a tight £1500 and i want to buy it all from scan.co.uk if possible so i can get it all at once. 

BTW i haven't missed the PSU out i have one from my old build a 450W corsair supply so i didn't see the need to buy a new one other than that i think I've covered all the bases pretty good for the budget I will be using this for premier pro as well as playing PC games like Forza horizon 4, the new tomb raider etc.

Can anyone see any obvious flaws in this before i press buy now?

104342857_Screenshot2019-01-20at00_25_56.png.9a4a207afb73d7c6928edac917a3daad.png

I lurk a lot

Get a better motherboard. Why the hell do you need 32gb of RAM? That's pretty overkill, and also, getting RAM that's 3000mhz at the least is very important for Ryzen since it performs better with faster RAM. Get a better power supply than the one you have laying around. 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

20 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Get a better motherboard. Why the hell do you need 32gb of RAM? That's pretty overkill, and also, getting RAM that's 3000mhz at the least is very important for Ryzen since it performs better with faster RAM. Get a better power supply than the one you have laying around. 

the PSU is a 80+ bronze so i don't see the need to buy a new one i want 32GB mainly cause when ive tried to edit raw 4k in premier before on 16gb i was cutting it fine especially if i had other programs open in the background I didn't see the need in getting anything better than the B450 chipset cause i don't intend on OCing also this is a mATX build so there wasn't much choice at least not on the supplier im using website they don't even stock mATX X470 boards only ITX which means giving up RAM slots and PCI slots. how about i go for these https://www.scan.co.uk/products/16gb-(2x8gb)-corsair-ddr4-vengeance-lpx-black-pc4-25600-(3200)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-16-18-18-36-xm two sets 

edit i just googled mATX X470 boards they all are way more expensive Like another £100 and i don't really need any of the features they offer so i feel like sticking to the B450 is the best bet 

I lurk a lot

That should do the job. 

You don't really need a liquid cooler and I'm not 100% on whether or not that Corsair 450W PSU will do the job.

The case is the Masterbox Q300L. It's £45.46 with postage from Scan.

11 minutes ago, 1kv said:

That should do the job. 

You don't really need a liquid cooler and I'm not 100% on whether or not that Corsair 450W PSU will do the job.

The case is the Masterbox Q300L. It's £45.46 with postage from Scan.

The motherboard you chose there is full ATX the case and the build I’m trying to go for is microATX. PC part picker said that these parts would only draw about 280-300w so that leaves 150-170w free I think my plan is to use it for now see how it goes and maybe pick up a new PSU down the road a bit in a couple months. 

I lurk a lot

1 minute ago, peej said:

The motherboard you chose there is full ATX the case and the build I’m trying to go for is microATX. PC part picker said that these parts would only draw about 280-300w so that leaves 150-170w free I think my plan is to use it for now see how it goes and maybe pick up a new PSU down the road a bit in a couple months. 

Ohh, didn't see that motherboard thing. I'll correct it and re-post the build. Sorry about that.

I've corrected it. Put in a new motherboard and removed the PSU since you're planning on keeping your current one:

If you do want to pick up a new PSU somewhere down the line, I'd go for the Corsair RM650x.

38 minutes ago, peej said:

the PSU is a 80+ bronze so i don't see the need to buy a new one

What are you talking about? PSU 80+ ratings don't decide the quality of the PSU. You should be getting a better quality and a little bit higher or wattage of PSU for this build.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 hour ago, peej said:

BTW i haven't missed the PSU out i have one from my old build a 450W corsair supply

Which exact model?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

7 hours ago, 1kv said:

I've corrected it. Put in a new motherboard and removed the PSU since you're planning on keeping your current one:

If you do want to pick up a new PSU somewhere down the line, I'd go for the Corsair RM650x.

Can I ask, have you used that arctic freezer cooler? On my old build I had a quite base dark rock or something like that I just wondered what the noise levels where like with this. That was part of the reason for getting the watercooler cause I know at least at idle you wouldn’t barley have to spin the fans so it would be quiet 

I lurk a lot

9 hours ago, peej said:

Can I ask, have you used that arctic freezer cooler? On my old build I had a quite base dark rock or something like that I just wondered what the noise levels where like with this. That was part of the reason for getting the watercooler cause I know at least at idle you wouldn’t barley have to spin the fans so it would be quiet 

I've not used the cooler myself however according to Tom's Hardware it's about 30dB at max load.