Apple Starts selling the iPhone SE again, this time with a $200 off price reduction.

1 minute ago, savagepain said:

pretend i dont need to there are stats to back up that people use android way more than they use ios cause ios is restrictive garbage  

Or you know....because a lot of people are price sensitive and can't rationalize (or afford) a flagship phone from any manufacturer. But continue to live in your deluded world.

The fact that the SEs sold out nearly instantly is pretty telling of how people feel about it.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

pretend i dont need to there are stats to back up that people use android way more than they use ios cause ios is restrictive garbage  

More people using android =/= iOS sucks. Same as more people using Windows doesn't mean macOS and Linux (which is about as unrestrictive as humanly possible since you can literally build your own linux distro if you want to) suck. A lot of it is probably down to budget and personal preference. You seem to hate iOS, that's fine. Doesn't mean it sucks, just means you don't like it. I actually like both Android and iOS but I've got some problems with Android so I stick with my iPhone, out of personal preference. Not because the other side is shit, they're both great platforms depending on the person and use case. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, 79wjd said:

-snip 

ios flagships are way more expensive you buy a android flagship from last year for around 200$ and get more performance that a a ios flagship from around 2 years ago 

Just now, LordOTaco said:

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a headphone jack?

Reveal hidden contents

iphonese-silver-refurb-2019_AV3?wid=1000

no they dont lol

Reveal hidden contents

It's the SE, so yeah. Uses the 5S screen, slightly modified 5S body, and then 6S SoC and Camera and such. I think it's still on 1st ten Touch ID as well, same as the 5S. It's literally just a 5S with the guts of a 6S. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

no they dont lol

Do you even know what you're talking about? The SE does have a headphone jack, see my above reply. 

Main PC 

2 minutes ago, savagepain said:

no they dont lol

Keep hope alive

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

It's the SE, so yeah. Uses the 5S screen, slightly modified 5S body, and then 6S SoC and Camera and such. I think it's still on 1st ten Touch ID as well, same as the 5S. It's literally just a 5S with the guts of a 6S. 

Top 10 anime comebacks

5 minutes ago, savagepain said:

ios flagships are way more expensive you buy a android flagship from last year for around 200$ and get more performance that a a ios flagship from around 2 years ago 

Ahhh, goalpost shifting, when we can't win one argument, we shift to a different and completely unrelated argument.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Keep hope alive

Also they can beat the Plus phones for battery life (I assume due to driving a lower res screen, since it's smaller it can keep the same pixel density) and is a bit snappier than the 6S, again probably due to the smaller/lower res screen. They're pretty damn awesome, if I had money to throw at it I'd grab one just because I've always loved the 5S design. Came out just as I started getting interested in tech and it's an amazing piece of hardware, and they look amazing and feel perfect in the hand IMO. But I've already got the X so RIP (didn't want a small screen for a daily driver but wanted a change of style and something a bit smaller than my 6 Plus).

Main PC 

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Also they can beat the Plus phones for battery life (I assume due to driving a lower res screen, since it's smaller it can keep the same pixel density) and is a bit snappier than the 6S, again probably due to the smaller/lower res screen. They're pretty damn awesome, if I had money to throw at it I'd grab one just because I've always loved the 5S design. Came out just as I started getting interested in tech and it's an amazing piece of hardware, and they look amazing and feel perfect in the hand IMO. But I've already got the X so RIP (didn't want a small screen for a daily driver but wanted a change of style and something a bit smaller than my 6 Plus).

Now that you do mention it though I've never owned an iphone I do still have my 4th gen touch and I gotta say this bringing back the old design does have a bit of nostalia on me.  Something about how the buttons on the side come out and the simplicity of it. 

40 minutes ago, savagepain said:

And depending on what you can find many of those Android phones have features like a better screen,expandable storage, USB-C,and a higher capacity battery.

42 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

Or you know....because a lot of people are price sensitive and can't rationalize (or afford) a flagship phone from any manufacturer. But continue to live in your deluded world.

The fact that the SEs sold out nearly instantly is pretty telling of how people feel about it.

It is pretty telling that even the most loyal Apple customers either can't afford their overpriced phones, or don't want a larger phone with a notch, no touchID, and no headphone jack.

4 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

It is pretty telling that even the most loyal Apple customers either can't afford their overpriced phones, or don't want a larger phone with a notch, no touchID, and no headphone jack.

Not really. No one phone suits everybody.

It's only telling of the fact that different people have difference preferences/priorities.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Tracing the lineage of the quote led me to:

So sure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I replied to him saying there's more to buying a phone then the cheap price.

Anyway, the point is that Apple sells the refurb with a full 1-year warranty, that includes battery swap if needed. If the phone comes with a dud battery, it should be obvious right away, and therefore should have no problem getting it replaced within the 1-year.

On top of that, I suspect (but cannot confirm) that Apple would inspect the refurbs and replace batteries as needed before selling them.

1 hour ago, savagepain said:

ahahahahahahahha yeah no one wants a 220 iphone se lol just get a better budget phone it dosent need a apple logo to be a good phone

The SE is a fantastic little phone, assuming you like iOS but also like small screens.

You're right, you don't need to buy an iPhone to get a good phone. On the flip side, that doesn't mean iPhones are garbage. They're not.

1 hour ago, savagepain said:

In what scenario are you buying a Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ for $200?

Maybe if your Carrier is heavily subsidizing the phone, but that's generally only if you have a stupid expensive jacked up plan for like $90/mo anyway.

I saw a refurb S8+ for $300 at NewEgg, but I can't even find warranty info at all about it - it only comes with a 7-day return window. So either no warranty, or a really limited one, most likely, so even that's not comparable to this SE refurb.

1 hour ago, LordOTaco said:

Reveal hidden contents

The SE does indeed have a Headphone Jack. Remember, it was first released around the same time as the iPhone 6s (Which also has a headphone jack).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)