Apple Starts selling the iPhone SE again, this time with a $200 off price reduction.

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

Nothing other than Apple direct or an authorized reseller will have a warranty. 

If you mean any warranty, there are plenty of Square Trade plans. If you mean AppleCare, then you are correct.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

3 minutes ago, ImAlsoRan said:

there are plenty of Square Trade plans

I've always viewed those as snake oil. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

3 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I've always viewed those as snake oil. 

Congratulations, you have an opinion!

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

• Apple is quietly selling the iPhone SE via the clearance section of its site, starting at $249.
  • The 4-inch iPhone packs the guts of an iPhone 6S into the body of a smaller iPhone 5S.
  • The device was discontinued in September 2018 but was hugely popular among Apple cognoscenti.

Would you still buy this phone?

OA- https://businessinsider.com/apple-sells-iphone-se-on-clearance-2019-1

This news has already been posted on this forum: 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, Geography said:

oops.

8 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Nothing other than Apple direct or an authorized reseller will have a warranty. 

That is what I suspected. I wouldn't be surprised if there were SOME iPhone SE's on eBay that come from an authorized retailer, but those are likely at or near retail pricing anyway.

8 hours ago, ImAlsoRan said:

If you mean any warranty, there are plenty of Square Trade plans. If you mean AppleCare, then you are correct.

Yeah. Hell no. Third party warranties generally have a lot of hassle involved with them. They're not always complete garbage, but to me it would be worth the extra cost to buy from Apple or an authorized reseller just to get that proper official warranty.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

28 minutes ago, Geography said:

To be fair, that thread also doesn't meet Tech News guidelines. So it may get moved soon.

edit : sure enough. it did. And this one got merged to it. ?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

13 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

32GB in 2009 was not "ass". It was for the vast majority of people, more than they would use.

But 10 years later, 32GB is the "basic" amount of storage even a cheap phone should come with. For a power user (or a non-power user that takes a lot of photos or listens to a lot of music), 32GB is no longer sufficient. I would go so far as to say that 64GB is the lowest amount a power user should start with. I opted for 128GB (iPhone 6s), and don't regret it. With music + photos, I'm already past the 64GB mark.

It was when used as a media player.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Dude, do your research.

image.thumb.png.21cc8236861af77d4bc7bfdefb43dc95.png

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

On 1/20/2019 at 1:12 AM, dalekphalm said:

Brand new sealed? With official warranty direct from Apple?

they are not brand new, they are refurbs.  But you are right you get apple warranty/apple care, that's the only difference

42 minutes ago, Gullerback said:

they are not brand new, they are refurbs.  But you are right you get apple warranty/apple care, that's the only difference

That's a pretty substantial difference. Certainly, people looking to score the cheapest deal possible are better off buying used/refurb/no official warranty. But there's still definite value in buying from an authorized source.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, Gullerback said:

I also question if the battery in a refurb unit is new or original. An original battery say from two years ago and likely the phone got a decent amount of use doesn't sound good to me.

47 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

I also question if the battery in a refurb unit is new or original. An original battery say from two years ago and likely the phone got a decent amount of use doesn't sound good to me.

Even, assuming that it is the old battery, Apple will replace any battery that has degraded within the warranty period for free. But I'd assume that they would replace it if it degraded to a certain degree, otherwise, probably leave it as is.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

Even, assuming that it is the old battery, Apple will replace any battery that has degraded within the warranty period for free. But I'd assume that they would replace it if it degraded to a certain degree, otherwise, probably leave it as is.

Well the question is if the warranty on the phone is still good or not. And I assume if it's over a year old, that's a no.

2 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Well the question is if the warranty on the phone is still good or not. And I assume if it's over a year old, that's a no.

All refurbished Apple products carry the same one year warranty: https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, Mira Yurizaki said:

That's if you bought it from Apple.

Apple being the source is literally the entire reason for the comment of the person you're quoting.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

ahahahahahahahha yeah no one wants a 220 iphone se lol just get a better budget phone it dosent need a apple logo to be a good phone 

831481891_tenor(3).gif.9e298cea46b23aa532dbc777d13e029d.gif.fdd54fee3ff479a12b83cdf12b8ba279.gif

1 minute ago, savagepain said:

ahahahahahahahha yeah no one wants a 220 iphone se lol just get a better budget phone it dosent need a apple logo to be a good phone 

And yet it went out of stock after a day or two. 

People like iOS as much as you want to pretend that they don't and people like the smaller form factor, again, as much as you might want to pretend they don't.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

-snip

pretend i dont need to there are stats to back up that people use android way more than they use ios cause ios is restrictive garbage