What things do you tweak on a fresh build to make it more personally appealing to you?

Rosss

Comment what you do that makes your system's QoL better, whether it be because you're stubborn to change like me or actually makes us more efficient..

Two things I do:

1. Turn the taskbar to small icons and NEVER combine.. The square icons always bothered me coming from Vista to Windows 7.. I want readable icons dammit!

image.png.590f34ec320de6cfa183052d288c65af.png

2. Download Classic Shell, a program that makes the start menu more Vista/Windows 7 like..

image.thumb.png.19fb346e9096b015ef3d4057672f14a3.png

12 minutes ago, LunaP0n3 said:

Setting my system clock's PM to LUNA and AM to CELESTIA. I'm a MLP fan lol.

does that make your clock really long? or does it abbreviate :P

FIrst thing i do is 

image.png.d3538bda4ae7ac034a19930cc3f3cf49.png

then add this 

image.png.a2306d3ef14053964633bf225954a0b0.png

usually use tile formation for preview and use the remember the structure at logon option 

image.png.880324e88283b8579131624673fb77c5.png

hide search and cortana. 

then change everything to purple 

unknown.png

EDIT : lastly this 

image.png.dea9705b496ed980cbebde23f976bbc4.png

Blank+_5d3284ac106530b4667d89dd4994e74f.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

1. get rid of all windows 10 apps, then prevent auto install bullshit via regedit

2. disable cortana to improve search speed

3. remove all ads from the start screen

4. OOSU10 the shit out of the system with the yellow "!" icon (can't remember what the catgory was called) category selected...

5. done

7. profit from mother and father...

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

i download the ubuntu terminal from the microsoft store and pin it. really useful.
Pin control panel to teh taskbar

I also always put the display at 125% scale.

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

turn off or remove unnecessary lighting. sound proofing the case panel, if possible.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

i make sure that all desktops use the same taskbar, swap the backgrounds for some custom ones that some extremely kind forum members have made me, then i pin steam and chrome to my task bar so it looks like this:

image.png.6bbcd97f8d5fe51181de176ec2a6ff99.png

and on my Laptop i have a chrome theme i made myself with Evie from Paladins because she is bae

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Hiding Cortana and Task View is a must when I get a new system. Those are useless buttons to me. Searches can be made without Cortana, and Task View can be done using Windows + Tab.

image.png.2768b20ebe3bc3534368a68d5147537b.png

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

7 hours ago, Rosss said:

Comment what you do that makes your system's QoL better, whether it be because you're stubborn to change like me or actually makes us more efficient..

Delete useless default apps using Windows PowerShell: https://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to-uninstall-windows-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-them/

And also disable Windows Defender so it doesn't hog system resources.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Install Windows 7 so you don't have to install any additional programs to get the Windows 7 look

09-roll-safe.w700.h700.jpg

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I guess im weird then in the fact that i don't really touch a lot in terms of the system i have a ninite installer that installs all the essentials chrome firefox putty vlc python library's etc which makes it pretty good on a system rebuild 

I lurk a lot

Classic Shell is amazing, use it on every windows 10 pc I own

Systems:

Main Gaming:                                                        Windows XP:

Ryzen 5 2600                                                               Intel Pentium 3

Asus RX 580 OC                                                     1GB DDR2

Patriot Viper DDR4 8GB                                         Asus Motherboard

Asus ROG B450-I                                                   Dell 300W

Corsair CX 450                                                       ATI Rage 128 Fury Pro

FreeNAS Server:                                                   Windows 98/95 duel boot:

I5 3400k                                                                  Pentium Pro

Patriot DDR3 8GB                                                  HP Vectra motherboard 

Gigabyte Ultra Durable                                           500MB RAM

Rosewill Glacier 600W                                           Soundblaster 16

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

AMD Phenom x4 850                                          Key:

Kukete A78                                                          Motherboard

Kingston 4GB DDR3                                            Memory

Dell 500W                                                            Power Supply

Graphics Card

Other Gaming:                                                    Sound Card

Ryzen 5 2600                                                       Processor

Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

Small icons/never combine task bar.

File manager to open My PC.

Get rid of Documents from My PC and the duplicate drive entry from the Navigation Panel. (Why the hell do they put shortcuts to your hard drives... and a shortcut of My PC + all the drives, in the navigation panel... it's redundant AF, not needed)

Get rid of One Drive from the Navigation panel.

Change the drive letters around because even though they are all in the right SATA port, when formatting, Windows decides to play around with the drive letter... could format 5 times and they'd never be the same letters.

Get rid of most "modern" apps, except thing like "store" in case I ever want something, calculator because MS got rid of the good old one and the weather app, because it's handy. (I know there are ways to get the "old" calculator back... just not the same.)

Move things around on the start menu to be to my liking.(I don't use classic start, because frankly, I prefer this new one, has all the stuff I use the most right there and easily accessible.) 

Use ShutUp10 by O&O.

Switch to dark mode...

Among other things.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Specific to W10:

Change my update settings to defer feature updates for a year, and security updates for up to 30 days.

Clear out all live tiles.

Disable Cortana.

Reenable shortcut to Libraries.

W7 Pro:

Change taskbar to the Aero version Home uses.

Specific to Windows Pro versions

Enable HyperV.

All Windows versions:

Install Zune and set that as default.

Point Navigation to This PC.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Install Zune and set that as default.

I didn't even know Zune was still around. Used to have one many many years ago

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Just now, Psybadek said:

I didn't even know Zune was still around. Used to have one many many years ago

If it weren't for the prices, I'd actually buy a new 80GB, swap the HDD for an SSD, and get a Zune HD as well.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I do some of the things above, ClassicShell, Wallpaper Engine, and just install the software I need

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo