What Peripheral should I get?

Smiles4Miles

I have 100 cad and want to make my setup better. 1st thing is a boom arm for my mic and a pop filter. another is a new case for my pc. another is a cherry brown keyboard. yet another one is another monitor for a dual setup. or a desk from ikea and a monitor from craigslist. (The desk would be new.) Or save it and buy a racing wheel for drifting or an oculus rift.

Need to add a zero I assume. That’s a whole list 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Need to add a zero I assume. That’s a whole list 

I want one of those thing rn. then that's one thing off my list.

What do you need the most right now?

a desk is a good starting point - from there you can build your setup around the desk. Just my 2 cents. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

3 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

What do you need the most right now?

a desk is a good starting point - from there you can build your setup around the desk. Just my 2 cents. 

I don't really need anything. I would like to have this stuff. if it helps I have a deepcool tesseract case and want a nzxt h500 white case. I have an audio technica at2020 mic, Logitech k120 keyboard, and a 60' desk

Yeah as stormseeker said, a desk is a good choice if it's an upgrade from your current one, then you can keep upgrading with the new desk in mind

IMO, if your case has good airflow, you just don't like the looks of it don't buy a new one just yet, when you're actually using the PC you don't really care how it looks.

From the list you shared you want one thing right now I would get either the keyboard, monitor or the racing wheel in this order - given that your current desk is alright and sturdy.

Just now, voiha said:

IMO, if your case has good airflow, you just don't like the looks of it don't buy a new one just yet, when you're actually using the PC you don't really care how it looks.

From the list you shared you want one thing right now I would get either the keyboard, monitor or the racing wheel in this order

I have an i3 8100 and a 1060 6gb and both don't get up past 65 celcius. I wan leaning towards desk or keyboard so thanks for the suggestion

7 minutes ago, Smiles4Miles said:

I have an i3 8100 and a 1060 6gb and both don't get up past 65 celcius. I wan leaning towards desk or keyboard so thanks for the suggestion

With those specs, don't you feel a CPU upgrade would be more beneficial ?

1 minute ago, voiha said:

With those specs, don't you feel a CPU upgrade would be more beneficial ?

don't have the money or I would go for the 8600k

Just now, Smiles4Miles said:

don't have the money or I would go for the 8600k

I mean your CPU is fine !  You may wait for 3rd gen Ryzen and see if that would be a better buy, an maybe you will save some more money

Just now, voiha said:

I mean your CPU is fine !  You may wait for 3rd gen Ryzen and see if that would be a better buy, an maybe you will save some more money

ryzen would be good. I don't want to buy a new mobo as well though. I have 3000 MHz ram as well.

19 minutes ago, Crunken said:

Yeah as stormseeker said, a desk is a good choice if it's an upgrade from your current one, then you can keep upgrading with the new desk in mind

ok.

14 hours ago, voiha said:

From the list you shared you want one thing right now I would get either the keyboard, monitor or the racing wheel in this order - given that your current desk is alright and sturdy.

Here is a picture of my setup. Just to let you see my case. I want to have a black and white setup btw

20190118_145501_HDR.jpg

As you mentioned you want to go with a black/white theme, i'd first choose what desk you want, as that will be basically the central part of your setup - then all the other peripherals you can buy at later times based around your desk and pc. As a second item you could go for the microphone boom arm you mentioned, just looking at your current setup.

as @voiha mentioned, if your temps are good I wouldn't set the case as priority - purely a cosmetic decision. 

@Stormseeker9 I also want to stream. So my phone is good enough for the chat right? Or is it worth it to get the second monitor instead of the boom arm

7 hours ago, Smiles4Miles said:

@Stormseeker9 I also want to stream. So my phone is good enough for the chat right? Or is it worth it to get the second monitor instead of the boom arm

I would still recommend getting the second monitor even though your phone will be enough for chat. A second monitor provides so many QoL improvements nowadays, not just for streaming. I work on my computer a lot and just being able to do so while following a guide on my second monitor is amazing. Alt-tabbing was a pain.. 

Edited by SnafuZerg

2 minutes ago, SnafuZerg said:

I would still recommend getting the second monitor even though your phone will be enough for chat. A second monitor provides so many QoL improvements nowadays, not just for streaming. I work on my computer a lot and just being able to do so while following a guide on my second monitor is amazing. Alt-tabbing was a pain.. 

k. desk and monitor is shall be. I have used 2 monitors before the monitor died. it was a really old dell one. It was nice to have. and what does QoL mean?

4 minutes ago, Smiles4Miles said:

k. desk and monitor is shall be. I have used 2 monitors before the monitor died. it was a really old dell one. It was nice to have. and what does QoL mean?

Quality of life. Yeah after those, i would recommend a keyboard and then maybe down the line, the i5-8600k if you're still on a budget!

In my opinion, your upgrade priorities could look this:

1. Desk

2. Monitor

3. Keyboard

4. Boom-arm for Mic

5. CPU 

Just now, SnafuZerg said:

Quality of life. Yeah after those, i would recommend a keyboard and then maybe down the line, the i5-8600k if you're still on a budget!

In my opinion, your upgrade priorities could look this:

1. Desk

2. Monitor

3. Boom-arm for Mic

4. CPU 

always will be on a budget. at least for another 4 years until I can get a job :3 And I may not get a cpu until I feel it struggling a bit on the games I play. I think keyboard may be a priority over the cpu because Ive never owned a mechanical keyboard and I want to try one. Good list and thank you for helping. gonna check how much money I have in my bank tomorrow because my 100 Is in cash. then maybe I can hope for more expensive options

2 hours ago, Smiles4Miles said:

always will be on a budget. at least for another 4 years until I can get a job :3 And I may not get a cpu until I feel it struggling a bit on the games I play. I think keyboard may be a priority over the cpu because Ive never owned a mechanical keyboard and I want to try one. Good list and thank you for helping. gonna check how much money I have in my bank tomorrow because my 100 Is in cash. then maybe I can hope for more expensive options

If you will buy a mechanical board try it first at some store or make sure you can return it because you never had one and might choose the wrong switch type without trying it, videos are kinda misleading on the key feel and etc. 

12 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

If you will buy a mechanical board try it first at some store or make sure you can return it because you never had one and might choose the wrong switch type without trying it, videos are kinda misleading on the key feel and etc. 

I was going to buy a 15 dollar key switch tester from amazon but that may work.