Guy on eBay wants me to send him a money request so he can buy an $800 item.

GlowingTurtle54

The is guy on eBay wants to buy an iPhone XR and he told me to send him a money invoice so that he could make the payment. He has 500+ good review but they are all for car parts and I keep on getting spam from people that want me to ship it to florida. This guy wants me to ship to Florida.

NO! NO NO NO!

One, eBay will ban you if they find out you made a transaction outside of their platform for an item listed on it. Two, you'll never see that money or your phone again. It's one of the oldest scams in the book and there are a couple ways of running it.

Ignore the message, block the buyer immediately, report it to eBay and do not ship the phone to him under any circumstances.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

NO! NO NO NO!

One, eBay will ban you if they find out you made a transaction outside of their platform for an item listed on it. Two, you'll never see that money or your phone again. It's one of the oldest scams in the book and there are a couple ways of running it.

Ignore the message, block the buyer immediately, report it to eBay and do not ship the phone to him under any circumstances.

Yeah that’s what I thought. Thanks for the help.

Just now, GlowingTurtle54 said:

Yeah that’s what I thought. Thanks for the help.

No problem, happy to stop an eBay scam in its tracks.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Don't EVER send money invoices. You'll probably get banned and the money and phone will disappear. Since they're all asking to ship to Florida my best guess is either the phones/money will be taken to Cuba or West Africa via Florida where they'll be untraceable.

Report the 'buyer(s)' to eBay and let them deal with the rest.