one my friend wants to buy one monitor and one gpu

benjaminr

one  my friend wants  to  buy one  gaming  monitor for  1080P  for  games

he wants to buy  one gaming monitor  27 size  

the badget is  300- 450 euros

I am confused about the title and text. Does he only need a Monitor? Is there need for a PC to power it? (just a CPU wont help you)
Because for a 27" Monitor with 1080 p 300 - 450 € is a fairly high budget.
If he is in need of a PC + Monitor it will be almost impossible depending on the games he is playing to fit something inside that budget.

If he has a PC but wants to upgrade the CPU, you must tell us which platform the PC is in (aka what Motherboard Chipset or the current / old chip) combined with other system specs like RAM, GPU, powersupply.

If you don't know what I am talking about, just say so and we are happy to explain it to you because that is how some people like spend there time (crazy, isn't it?)

Just now, benjaminr said:

he has  one 4790k in 4.5  ,, asus  z87 deluxe ,and  16  giga ram .

He wants  to buy one monitor  as I said   300-450  euros  for  1080P and also he  wants to  buy one  gpu,  he  is between  RTx 260 which release in some days and  in  RTX  2070 RTX.. which  from these  2 is  better  to  buy  for 1080P;;  2060 or  2070?

my friend he did some  thoughts  he doesn't want to spend   a  lot of money for  ips  monitors and  RTX 280 and  2080 Ti because he  believes  that these  RTx  doesn't worth now and  he said  to his shelf  better to buy one  TN  monitor 1920.1080  resolution  witn one RTX 270  or  2060  for  2 yEARS AND after  2 years  to  buy one very  good monitor and one  gpu  RTx  4080 or RTx 5080  after  1 and  2 years when RTx be  better in some  years./..

he said to himshelf why to spend now   a lot of  money in RTX 2080 and  2080 TI and  untrawides and  ips panels which all these costs 1000 and 2000 euros and is better idea  is now to buy one  RTX 2060 and  one TN  monitor to do  my  job for while playing  games in  1080P which 1080P is more futureproof  from 1440P  because you will not  upgrade  in   vga  cards every  1 year as  you do in 1440p because IN  1440P YOU HAVE EVERY 1 OR LESS  TO SPEND A ,LOT OF MONEY

DO  YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN WITH ALL THESE  THINGS MY  FRIEND?

'

'

do you agree?

CAN  YOU HELP ME PLEASE MY FRIEND?

WHAT  OPTIONS ARE IN ΤΗΑΤ BUDGET  300 - 450  EUROS? AND ALSO WHICH IS BETTER RTX  2060 OR  2070  FOR  1080P;  

@Manderis

An RTX 2060 should be fine for gaming at 1080. An RTX 2070 would of course be better and would likely have a longer useful life.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

What is the Budget for the GPU then?

If you want to get a 2060 and you don't want Raytracing you might need to consider waiting for the announcement of a GTX 1160

I get what you are saying about 1440p. It is more demanding and if you want to go Ultra Details for 3+ Years you are probably going to see some heavy drops in frames over the time. But GPU advantages used to be driven more by technology and not by raw horsepower. So getting a 2060 now for a 1080p experience seems to be a bit overkill at the time and might not be what you are hoping it to be in 4 years to come. Who knows, maybe RTX is a HUGE thing in a few years and first gen RTX Cards wont do anymore and future Cards make easy 144 fps Ultra with RTX on. Who knows?

I am no fortune teller and everyone who claims to know how technology will change in 4 years is probably lying or has special insider knowledge and will get super sued.

I would say a 2060 will rock everything at the moment at 1080p

But at 27" 1440p with high refreshrate for that kind of budget will probably will look a lot more crispy compared to 1080p.
If the monitor would be smaller i would say go 1080p, no question. But at that size it comes down to personal preference. Maybe check out some monitors in store to see the difference from sitting distance. 

If you go 1080p do you want special features? G-Sync? 144 or higher refreshrate? Color accuracy?

what  you mean when  you say getting a 2060 now for a 1080p experience seems to be a bit overkill at the time ? what  you mean?

also  do you believe  that 2060  RTx   will be good  for  1080P ultragaming for  3 years from now?

also  I am interesting in  one monitor   like  this example

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-vg278q-27-1920x1080-tn-freesync-g-sync-144hz-gaming-widescreen-led-monitor-mo-09t-as.html because this monitor has support   for g-sync  from  nvdia..

do I have  another options for monitors?

1 minute ago, benjaminr said:

what  you mean when  you say getting a 2060 now for a 1080p experience seems to be a bit overkill at the time ? what  you mean?

also  do you believe  that 2060  RTx   will be good  for  1080P ultragaming for  3 years from now?

also  I am interesting in  one monitor   like  this example

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-vg278q-27-1920x1080-tn-freesync-g-sync-144hz-gaming-widescreen-led-monitor-mo-09t-as.html because this monitor has support   for g-sync  from  nvdia..

I think this is a good start, it's 1920x1080, and instead of just 60Hz it's 144 which makes a nice difference in gaming. Also, being only $300 for a G-sync monitor it's on the cheap side, so if you're looking for the least expensive G-sync experience then I don't believe you'll be able to go lower.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

this  monitor is free-sync but it has support  for g-sync this I mean

@Manderis

Low budget? RX580 and any old TN 144hz 1080p monitor in the $200 range. Total cost about $450

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

23 minutes ago, NIneEyeRon said:

Low budget? RX580 and any old TN 144hz 1080p monitor in the $200 range. Total cost about $450

He basically said was I mean with 2060 being overkill for 1080p.

A 2060 is ~360 $ (I think) and you can get a good 580 for around 180 $. 

The 2060 is better but for 1080p a 580 is a great choice 

• do you believe  that 2060  RTx   will be good  for  1080P ultragaming for  3 years from now?
  •  
  • also to buy  2060 or 2070?  because 2070 has  8 vram and  2060 has 6 vraM
  •  
  • also the performance  between  2060 and  2070 is  the same? in games? or is better to buy  2070 because it has 8 vram which  would be more futureproof? 

@Manderis

16 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

I would replace my card every 2-3 years so it wouldn’t matter about 3 years from now.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Gpu Technology is usually changing faster as raw performance does. I assume that 3 years from now a 2060 won't be able to play every game with max settings in 1080p. But it will still be a capable card and with high or mid settings will deliver a enjoyable experience. 

Look at the 2 Gen old 980ti launched mid 2015 top of the line. Still a great card. Will deliver a nice ultra experience in 1080p in New games like battlefield. But if you expect 144 fps you will get disappointed. And a 960 (same tier compared to 2060) fails to push further than 41 fps. But if you dial back the settings you will still be able to play at comfortable framerates

so to  buy 2070 for  1080p;;;

2060 rtx  will be  handle for 2 years all  the  games in  ultra?? for  1080p:

If you want someone to be notified of a post, either quote one of theirs or type @ and the first few letters of their username. Wait for the user list to pop and make a selection. The username will be displayed in the post as white text on a colored background as shown here @benjaminr.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.