I would like some help port forwarding

PUGZSZ

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get port fowarding on my router. I have a Motorola MG7540. This is what the config for it looks like.

I have followed the instructions that were created by Motorola and i still cannot get it working.

I have the ip at my local ip

the port 25565 for all

and the external as 0.0.0.0

Any help would be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, PUGZSZ said:

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get port fowarding on my router. I have a Motorola MG7540. This is what the config for it looks like.

I have followed the instructions that were created by Motorola and i still cannot get it working.

I have the ip at my local ip

the port 25565 for all

and the external as 0.0.0.0

You're interpreting it exactly opposite to the way it should be. You're not forwarding outbound traffic but inbound traffic. When traffic reaches your public IP port forwarding lets that traffic know where to go once it enters your network :)

So, the IP you're opening 25565 to should be your internal IP address for your minecraft server.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

You're interpreting it exactly opposite to the way it should be. You're not forwarding outbound traffic but inbound traffic. When traffic reaches your public IP port forwarding lets that traffic know where to go once it enters your network :)

So, the IP you're opening 25565 to should be your internal IP address for your minecraft server.

I dont really follow what you're saying. I have the internal Ip as the ip of the server and the ports 25565 and the instructions say that the external should stay as 0.0.0.0. What should i do

Just now, PUGZSZ said:

I dont really follow what you're saying. I have the internal Ip as the ip of the server and the ports 25565 and the instructions say that the external should stay as 0.0.0.0. What should i do

Gotcha. Just looked it up. You see this screen right?

MG_Forwarding_Rule.png

Local IP should be your minecraft server, start port and end port 25565. External IP 0.0.0.0 should be okay, also set the ports to 25565 here as you're not making a redirect rule here. Obviously also enable the rule and save it. 

Then add your public IP (or WAN IP) to minecraft and try to connect. If it fails, it might be a firewall issue, since you need the firewall on the minecraft server machine open for both inbound and outbound tcp traffic on port 25565.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Gotcha. Just looked it up. You see this screen right?

MG_Forwarding_Rule.png

Local IP should be your minecraft server, start port and end port 25565. External IP 0.0.0.0 should be okay, also set the ports to 25565 here as you're not making a redirect rule here. Obviously also enable the rule and save it. 

Then add your public IP (or WAN IP) to minecraft and try to connect. If it fails, it might be a firewall issue, since you need the firewall on the minecraft server machine open for both inbound and outbound tcp traffic on port 25565.

That is what i linked in the post. That is what i see and I  already have all of that in there as you said. The problem is that it isnt working still and i cannot find out why. It said to power cycle the router/modem and the machine that is being fowarded and doing so still doesnt change anything.  I use an online open port tester to check the port and it says its closed, i really appreciate the help

13 minutes ago, PUGZSZ said:

That is what i linked in the post. That is what i see and I  already have all of that in there as you said. The problem is that it isnt working still and i cannot find out why. It said to power cycle the router/modem and the machine that is being fowarded and doing so still doesnt change anything.  I use an online open port tester to check the port and it says its closed, i really appreciate the help

Port testers don't really work as ISP modems block port scanning nowadays so the packets are always bounced. The only way to test is to actually try it in Minecraft. Is it (the server) running on Windows or Linux? 

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Port testers don't really work as ISP modems block port scanning nowadays so the packets are always bounced. The only way to test is to actually try it in Minecraft. Is it (the server) running on Windows or Linux? 

I never thought about that, it is running on my windows 10 pc. I am trying to get it working on that machine before i move it to a dedicated server i have.

1 minute ago, PUGZSZ said:

I never thought about that, it is running on my windows 10 pc. I am trying to get it working on that machine before i move it to a dedicated server i have.

Disable the Windows firewall for good measure.

Just now, NelizMastr said:

Disable the Windows firewall for good measure.

ok, I will and i really appreciate the help