evga 2080 ti black edition 999$

Kenjo

Hey guys, 

1 of the cheapest if not THE cheapest rtx 2080 ti but also the loudest card ive ever had in a machine.. had to lower Pwer slider to 85% to get maintanable noise levels otherwise it sounds like 3 x Ati 5770 blower slyle cards in your machine... guess im saving up for the alphacool aio for the gpu or the evga hydro 1 .... just a word of warning ;)

Ps i cant seem to change the fan curve within afterburner

6 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Well yeah. Low end EVGA cards are always Loud AF and arent very good for noise oriented people. I would get a FTW card if possible for 50$ more if possible.

not possible ;) exhausted my savings... ah well saving up for an Alphacool aio ;) 

6 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Well yeah. Low end EVGA cards are always Loud AF and arent very good for noise oriented people. I would get a FTW card if possible for 50$ more if possible.

On the EVGA Website, the FTW Version is $400 more.

They're actually available for sale now? EVGA had it up on their website a few months ago but it has been unavailable, and is still showing as unavailable for me with just a button to notify when it becomes available. Though now it's showing $1099 instead of the $999 it previously was. I didn't realise that EVGA actually started selling them. Where did you buy yours from?

For $999 it might be alright if someone is planning on replacing the cooler with a water block anyway.

Has there been a price hike on 2080 Ti cards I wasn't aware of? Cheapest card listed as available on PCPP is now $1270 and the EVGA 2080Ti black went up by $100...
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=424&sort=price&page=1

Spoiler

image.png.e774f0477b67a174ca3861cce49b27cb.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

They're actually available for sale now? EVGA had it up on their website a few months ago but it has been unavailable, and is still showing as unavailable for me with just a button to notify when it becomes available. Though now it's showing $1099 instead of the $999 it previously was. I didn't realise that EVGA actually started selling them. Where did you buy yours from?

For $999 it might be alright if someone is planning on replacing the cooler with a water block anyway.

Has there been a price hike on 2080 Ti cards I wasn't aware of? Cheapest card listed as available on PCPP is now $1270 and the EVGA 2080Ti black went up by $100...
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=424&sort=price&page=1

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e774f0477b67a174ca3861cce49b27cb.png

i got mine from a swedish e retailer, 12999:- sek and with our import taxes and shyte thats roughly 999$.... i will find a hard time convincing my wife that i need to spend another 170$ to make the card absolutly silent.. but my side hobby might come in handy... repairing and bargain hunting online... just taken up repairing GPU´s aka soldering/heatgun / multimeter for faults etc .... got 2 x 970´s to repair.. 1 of them 2 drivers have gone kaboom.. and the other its the Pci-e 5v chip that has said goodnight.. have all the parts now just need the skills ;)

5 minutes ago, Kenjo said:

i got mine from a swedish e retailer, 12999:- sek and with our import taxes and shyte thats roughly 999$.... i will find a hard time convincing my wife that i need to spend another 170$ to make the card absolutly silent.. but my side hobby might come in handy... repairing and bargain hunting online... just taken up repairing GPU´s aka soldering/heatgun / multimeter for faults etc .... got 2 x 970´s to repair.. 1 of them 2 drivers have gone kaboom.. and the other its the Pci-e 5v chip that has said goodnight.. have all the parts now just need the skills ;)

currency to currency equivalence is actually more like 1199-1299$ from my experience. that is accounting for regional price differences

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

currency to currency equivalence is actually more like 1199-1299$ from my experience. that is accounting for regional price differences

and you didnt know that we have an Electronics tax regardless of where its made ? furthermore we have an IMPORT tax aswell ... so EVEn if i buy it from a swedish online retailer they will put the added cost for THEM to bring it in to sweden ontop of the price so take 999 + Electronic tax + import tax and you get 12 999 Skr ;)

Just now, Kenjo said:

and you didnt know that we have an Electronics tax regardless of where its made ? furthermore we have an IMPORT tax aswell ... so EVEn if i buy it from a swedish online retailer they will put the added cost for THEM to bring it in to sweden ontop of the price so take 999 + Electronic tax + import tax and you get 12 999 Skr ;)

yeah. its country t country convertion rates. just because it has taxes doesnt mean that is what its equivelence abroad is.

hence its not currency to currency convertion, but country to country convertion. 

im more than familiar with import taxes etc. 

idk what it costs or the company for the company to bring it in. im comparing typical purschasing pricing so that it can more accuratly be compared in pricing to other nations. i use a cost multiplier of about 12 when it comes to sweden, 11 for Norway, 10 for Denmark (or just about that.) (multiplier is subject to change)

22 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

yeah. its country t country convertion rates. just because it has taxes doesnt mean that is what its equivelence abroad is.

hence its not currency to currency convertion, but country to country convertion. 

im more than familiar with import taxes etc. 

idk what it costs or the company for the company to bring it in. im comparing typical purschasing pricing so that it can more accuratly be compared in pricing to other nations. i use a cost multiplier of about 12 when it comes to sweden, 11 for Norway, 10 for Denmark (or just about that.) (multiplier is subject to change)

Basically anything that is 999$ with current currency conversion and our tariffs here will be 12999 or higher depending on how  much the "shop" wants to earn.... i think ill just stick to undervolt and lowering the power limit for now... give it a year then the wife has calmed down and i will put an AiO on it.. silent is golden ,)