Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First Time Builder: Need help with Hero XI and Cooler Master ML360R RGB FANS

KADR
 Share

Hello All,

 

It's my first time building a pc and I've installed one AIO cooler on a friend by reading the manual. It was a H100i Pro Corsair, the manual that they had was so easy to follow and everything I didn't have a problem at all but the manual for ML360R from Cooler Master is not really clear and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do.

 

so I have a Maximus Hero XI motherboard and I wanted to sync aura or whatever RGB that is in Cooler Master to the motherboard to unify things. I bought this since they said it's compatible with Aura Sync.

 

so I'm trying to connect the two wires that are coming from the cooler to the mother board and one is for probably the RGB.

https://imgur.com/a/eBnbYEP

 

1. I wanted to know if I need the controller since I wanted my motherboard(aura app sync) to control everything? Also, If not how do I connect the fans with RGB  and where do I connect them on the motherboard.

2. Where should I put the power cable that is coming from the AIO cooler to the motherboard? I have a dedicated AIO PUMP but it's 4 pin and the Cooler Master 360R has only 3 pins should I be worried that the motherboard wont be able to control PWM? or is there any way I can do to convert this 3 pin to 4 pin? 

 

a picture of the parts list that is included on ML360R you guys might see something that I can use for my situation.

https://imgur.com/a/9HNWfbU

 

I do apologize for the bad sentence making and explaining. English is my 2nd language. 

 

Thank you in advance for your help!

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KADR said:

1. I wanted to know if I need the controller since I wanted my motherboard(aura app sync) to control everything? Also, If not how do I connect the fans with RGB  and where do I connect them on the motherboard.

There should be a white 4-pin header on the motherboard. There's probably multiple actually. That is your RGB header. On the header, it will say "12v G R B" probably in that order. There should be an arrow on one side of the RGB plug on the AIO. Plug the side that has the arrow into the side that has the 12v connection.

 

8 minutes ago, KADR said:

2. Where should I put the power cable that is coming from the AIO cooler to the motherboard? I have a dedicated AIO PUMP but it's 4 pin and the Cooler Master 360R has only 3 pins should I be worried that the motherboard wont be able to control PWM? or is there any way I can do to convert this 3 pin to 4 pin? 

As for the pump header, it doesn't matter that is has 3 pins. Just plug it into the AIO_PUMP header like normal. It will just use DC to control the speed. And no, you can't convert it.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

 

[Under Construction]

 

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

 

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

 

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

There should be a white 4-pin header on the motherboard. There's probably multiple actually. That is your RGB header. On the header, it will say "12v G R B" probably in that order. There should be an arrow on one side of the RGB plug on the AIO. Plug the side that has the arrow into the side that has the 12v connection.

 

As for the pump header, it doesn't matter that is has 3 pins. Just plug it into the AIO_PUMP header like normal. It will just use DC to control the speed. And no, you can't convert it.

Thank you for the fast reply! 

 

I looked at the RGB pins in my fan and I can see it's only has 3 pin and on the motherboard the one that is 12v GRB is a 4 pin I'm really confused. the ADD_HEADER1 has 3 pin and its a 5v. Can you please advise? 

 

Also for the AIO cables the 3 pin power I'll plug it in the pump header ( as you suggested ) how about the other 3 pin where should I put this one? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, KADR said:

Thank you for the fast reply! 

 

I looked at the RGB pins in my fan and I can see it's only has 3 pin and on the motherboard the one that is 12v GRB is a 4 pin I'm really confused. the ADD_HEADER1 has 3 pin and its a 5v. Can you please advise? 

 

Also for the AIO cables the 3 pin power I'll plug it in the pump header ( as you suggested ) how about the other 3 pin where should I put this one? 

 

 

Would you be able to take a picture of the RGB header? That would be easier.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

 

[Under Construction]

 

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

 

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

 

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×