Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

R9 290 Driver Issue with Display Port

gengyuntx

I got a R9 290 for my secondary media pc. I prefer to use it over display port since that has much less input lag than hdmi on my monitor. Very noticeable: I will refuse to use it if I cant get it on display port

Now I'm very certain that this is driver issue: upon fresh install of windows the video comes correctly to my display via DP (except blurry); after installing the latest driver from amd directly I immediately lose the signal, I had to use hdmi instead with crazy input lag. When I reboot, the display via DP show correctly until the windows logo and I lose signal once I'm 1 sec on the windows logo (presumably due to the driver finished loading up).

I have yet to find a toggle in AMD driver to force output to DP. If you know one let me know. Otherwise how would I fix this ? Thanks in advance.

Did you try under clocking the card and have you recently re-applied thermal paste on/ cleaned the card? Did you try older drivers for the card? have you tried multiple pcie slots on the motherboard. What wattage is your PSU? Have you tried replacing the display port cable? Are you plugging into the graphics card and not the motherboard? Are you using a hard drive or an SSD for the boot drive? 

16 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Did you try under clocking the card and have you recently re-applied thermal paste on/ cleaned the card? Did you try older drivers for the card? have you tried multiple pcie slots on the motherboard. What wattage is your PSU? Have you tried replacing the display port cable? Are you plugging into the graphics card and not the motherboard? Are you using a hard drive or an SSD for the boot drive? 

Some older version of the driver seems to be okay with not killing DisplayPort completely. However the resolution isn’t correct. I’m poking around with older drivers now. 

1 minute ago, gengyuntx said:

Some older version of the driver seems to be okay with not killing DisplayPort completely. However the resolution isn’t correct. I’m poking around with older drivers now. 

You should be able to fix the resolution in display settings. If you can't let me know as it might help me guess whats going on here. 

17 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

For your other questions I got the card from it’s previous owner. The previous owner claimed that the card was never opened. I certainly haven’t seen the need to yet. 

Never touched the clockspeed. I think my EVGA PSU is fine. And I’m not making rookie mistakes. SSD is my boot drive

1 minute ago, doomsriker said:

You should be able to fix the resolution in display settings. If you can't let me know as it might help me guess whats going on here. 

An older driver install disabled many resolution options for me. Manually putting it in AMD driver didn’t work either. Setting up this AMD thing took me so much longer than my Nvidia main build. I’m a bit grumpy apologies in advance :(