2019. What's yours going to be like?

dizmo

So, goals are important. They help you align yourself with what you want to accomplish, and push you to better yourself.

New Years resolutions are garbage. No one ever sticks to them, because...no one ever sticks to them, and they feel they can use that as an acceptable excuse.

So lads and the odd ladette...what are your Top 10 goals for 2019?

Here are a few of mine:

• Cut down on snacking, greatly reduce sugar intake, then bulk
  • Complete EFR course
  • Attempt new eBay business
  • Obtain R-PAL
  • Pay off credit cards

Self-improvement is masturbation. We all know how nerds love that.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Top 6 goals for me:

• Start dating again.
  • Pass CySA+ exam.
  • Pay off remainder of student debt.
  • Move out of my haggard dump of a house (renting with 3 others) and find a nice place to live in alone, or with someone as a cohabitation relationship (long shot).
  • Buy a new car.
  • Launch my new youtube channel, will be gaming focused and never monetized. Gonna be solely for fun.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

1) CPU + Mobo + RAM + GPU

2) find tenants for the newly acquired house

3) save money for vacation overseas (meeting long distance friend)

not much...

Here's a few of mine:

•  Buy a project car
  •  Finally build a new PC
  •  Fix my depression 
  •  Go overseas by myself (since I'm under 18 this will be a difficult thing to do, especially with border checks and stuff)
  •  Get a job (probably fixing phones for my brother)
  •  Fix my sleep schedule

1) Visit my boyfriend. Both of us really fucking need it for our own sanity.

2) Hopefully start college or any sort of life advancement like that in the fall.

3) GET A GOD DAMN SMARTPHONE

4) Buy a car for myself that I'd like to clean and keep. I'm not ungrateful, but I think the Oldsmobile would be better off given to my little brother rather than me. I might take a stab at a Corolla or a Mazda MPV.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1.) What @handymanshandle said about #1 :^)
2.) Get my full license from a permit Ive had since I was 15 in 2015

3.) Get a Car, maybe a used 2014-2016 Corolla, maybe lease a 2019 Corolla LE with some stuff

4.) Maybe try to hit the ground running in this new job to get out of customer service and into some type of sales at best buy.

5.) Lose some damn weight

6.) Upgrade my S8+ to an iPhone XR, I want off the Google train. The Apple train isn't much better but at least they seem to be a bit better with data.

7.) start saving for my move down to Alabama or something for 2020ish :^)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

19 minutes ago, Phentos said:

Top 6 goals for me:

• Start dating again.
  • Pass CySA+ exam.
  • Pay off remainder of student debt.
  • Move out of my haggard dump of a house (renting with 3 others) and find a nice place to live in alone, or with someone as a cohabitation relationship (long shot).
  • Buy a new car.
  • Launch my new youtube channel, will be gaming focused and never monetized. Gonna be solely for fun.

...I wouldn't move in with someone you've only been dating for a few months ;)

Gotta find out all those little irritating things they do first, then decide if you can cope with them!

Everytime I see computer related course names I can't help but yawn...I couldn't even handle basic Microsoft Access stuff.

15 minutes ago, RyomaSJibenG said:

1) CPU + Mobo + RAM + GPU

2) find tenants for the newly acquired house

3) save money for vacation overseas (meeting long distance friend)

not much...

Haha, I wish I only had a few things I wanted to accomplish!

13 minutes ago, Arika S said:

My top 10 are just all general self improvement in most aspects of life.

As they should be ;)
No hints? Drop 10 pounds? Run a 10k? Own 10 doggos?

11 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Here's a few of mine:

•  Buy a project car
  •  Finally build a new PC
  •  Fix my depression 
  •  Go overseas by myself (since I'm under 18 this will be a difficult thing to do, especially with border checks and stuff)
  •  Get a job (probably fixing phones for my brother)
  •  Fix my sleep schedule

What kind of project car do you have in mind?
The sleep schedule one should be quite easy.

10 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

1) Visit my boyfriend. Both of us really fucking need it for our own sanity.

2) Hopefully start college or any sort of life advancement like that in the fall.

3) GET A GOD DAMN SMARTPHONE

4) Buy a car for myself that I'd like to clean and keep. I'm not ungrateful, but I think the Oldsmobile would be better off given to my little brother rather than me. I might take a stab at a Corolla or a Mazda MPV.

You...don't have a smartphone? Why! They're so cheap!

MPV's are decent. I'd try and get a Mazda 5 or something though. Safer. If you have a car, why haven't you gone out there yet?

I'd use any excuse to explore the US countryside. So. Many. Foods.

...not gonna lie, I saw visit - boyfriend - fucking and drew my own conclusions without reading the rest.

2 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

1.) What @handymanshandle said about #1 :^)
2.) Get my full license from a permit Ive had since I was 15 in 2015

3.) Get a Car, maybe a used 2014-2016 Corolla, maybe lease a 2019 Corolla LE with some stuff

4.) Maybe try to hit the ground running in this new job to get out of customer service and into some type of sales at best buy.

5.) Lose some damn weight

6.) Upgrade my S8+ to an iPhone XR, I want off the Google train. The Apple train isn't much better but at least they seem to be a bit better with data.

7.) start saving for my move down to Alabama or something for 2020ish :^)

Don't lease in your position. Not worth it.

Yay weightloss! Honestly, working retail in a place with more heavy lifting might be worth considering. I lost my 40 pounds at work because it involves a lot of walking, and I would walk the 40 minutes home (an hour for most people).

Honestly, I'd love to try Apple. And I would. If they ever make it so they don't shit the app icons everywhere. I want a clean home screen, damnit!

Isn't Alabama cheap? Hehe. Alabama. Even the name makes me chuckle.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

yeah I know, I do truly wished the 2014-2016s had the ability to easily add in SiriusXM.

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You...don't have a smartphone? Why! They're so cheap!

MPV's are decent. I'd try and get a Mazda 5 or something though. Safer. If you have a car, why haven't you gone out there yet?

I'd use any excuse to explore the US countryside. So. Many. Foods.

...not gonna lie, I saw visit - boyfriend - fucking and drew my own conclusions without reading the rest.

Yay weightloss! Honestly, working retail in a place with more heavy lifting might be worth considering. I lost my 40 pounds at work because it involves a lot of walking, and I would walk the 40 minutes home (an hour for most people).

Honestly, I'd love to try Apple. And I would. If they ever make it so they don't shit the app icons everywhere. I want a clean home screen, damnit!

Isn't Alabama cheap? Hehe. Alabama. Even the name makes me chuckle.

1) Haven't particularly cared until very recently.

2) M O N E Y . Both of us want to fly out to Atlanta for our first meet.

3) I'd love to just drive around the South to find good eateries. I want to go to West Virginia in particular.

4) kek

~

Alabama is a pretty cheap state to... do a lot of things in, especially to live in.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

As they should be ;)
No hints? Drop 10 pounds? Run a 10k? Own 10 doggos?

10 dogs? holy shit, nooooooo. i have the space, but nooooooo

1. get more fit (bought a teadmill for xmas)
  2. spend less money
  3. less screen time
  4. read more (aiming for maybe 1 book every two weeks)
  5. start process to get pilots license
  6. draw more
  7. new job/promotion (hopefully)
  8. go to more social functions
  9. I don't know what the last 2 are, I don't remember.
  10. ???

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

19 minutes ago, dizmo said:

What kind of project car do you have in mind?

A 1975-1990 Mercedes or a pre-1999 Saab (before they had the GM engines).

It's really hard to find a nice example of the aforementioned Mercedes cars over here since they all have shady histories or they have a load of rust.

Yesterday I saw a car (A really nice 1978 Mercedes 280) that according to the DVLA (UK equivalent of the DMV) it was made in 1977, registered in November 1978 and has never had an MOT test (vehicle inspection). Then when I searched the plate on a vehicle history website it showed me a bunch of MOT tests that it's had. Apparently the last one was in 2015. 

Pre-1999 Saabs aren't very common here (like the old Mercedes) and if you do find one it's a convertible (not my kind of car). 

I did find a 1985 Mercedes 240D that I'll be taking a look at. The history seems to be clean and there's not a lot of rust. It's in my budget so who knows, maybe I'll own a 240D. it does 0-60mph in 22 seconds, if anyone has a 2jz and some turbos for sale hmu

7 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

yeah I know, I do truly wished the 2014-2016s had the ability to easily add in SiriusXM.

You get a free controller when you sign up...at least you do up here. Wouldn't that work?

Personally I'd be upgrading the entire system anyway, but I can't leave anything well enough alone.

Next year (or maybe the year after, depending on things) I want either a 2014 GL350 AMG, or a 2016 Volvo XC90.

6 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

1) Haven't particularly cared until very recently.

2) M O N E Y . Both of us want to fly out to Atlanta for our first meet.

3) I'd love to just drive around the South to find good eateries. I want to go to West Virginia in particular.

4) kek

~

Alabama is a pretty cheap state to... do a lot of things in, especially to live in.

How long have you two lads been trying to get together? Seems like ages.

Hell yeah. County fairs! I've always wanted to experience them. They look the shit.

What's in ATL?

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

10 dogs? holy shit, nooooooo. i have the space, but nooooooo

1. get more fit (bought a teadmill for xmas)
  2. spend less money
  3. less screen time
  4. read more (aiming for maybe 1 book every two weeks)
  5. start process to get pilots license
  6. draw more
  7. new job/promotion (hopefully)
  8. go to more social functions
  9. I don't know what the last 2 are, I don't remember.
  10. ???

Haha, but so cute! I wouldn't want that many unless I had a massive piece of land, and the money to pay someone to pick up after them. On the regular.

Did you get weights too? Cardio is all find and dandy, but muscle is what burns fat.

What kind of pilots license? I used to want to get a heli license...until I saw how much it costs. Oyyy.

I drew something for a friend for Christmas. It was awful, because I suck. Her dad saw it on display in her room, and asked "what cute little boy painted that for you?" to which she replied "it was a really cute 30 year old boy!"

?

17 minutes ago, 1kv said:

A 1975-1990 Mercedes or a pre-1999 Saab (before they had the GM engines).

It's really hard to find a nice example of the aforementioned Mercedes cars over here since they all have shady histories or they have a load of rust.

Yesterday I saw a car (A really nice 1978 Mercedes 280) that according to the DVLA (UK equivalent of the DMV) it was made in 1977, registered in November 1978 and has never had an MOT test (vehicle inspection). Then when I searched the plate on a vehicle history website it showed me a bunch of MOT tests that it's had. Apparently the last one was in 2015. 

Pre-1999 Saabs aren't very common here (like the old Mercedes) and if you do find one it's a convertible (not my kind of car). 

I did find a 1985 Mercedes 240D that I'll be taking a look at. The history seems to be clean and there's not a lot of rust. It's in my budget so who knows, maybe I'll own a 240D. it does 0-60mph in 22 seconds, if anyone has a 2jz and some turbos for sale hmu

I had plans for a...1980ish SL several years ago. I think that was it. It was one of the cheaper two door hard tops. Slammed, big rims, redone interior, but tasteful.

Then I moved and never bothered looking into it again. I probably still have the spreadsheet saved somewhere.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

1) Stay in shape, lost all the weight last year.  I went from a 2xl down to an L, and a 38 down to a 32.  Went from 271 down to 178.  Also strength training.

2) Buy a new HDD next month+another 16gb stick of DDR4+the ekwb sTR4 block in Feb.
3) March-April upgrade to a Razer Phone 2 for the speakers.  Probably getting DMC 5+Sekiro too.
4) May-Jun is Rage 2 collector's edition+Zen 2
5) July-August = Radeon VII

7) September-November = saving up for a clevo
8 ) Probably starting to save up for a muscle car from Dec into some point of 2020.  Debating between a trans am and a monte carlo.

Damn son. That's some significant fitness. Well done!

I managed to go from an L back to a M...kind of. My shoulders are still huge (did drywall for almost 2 years) so some shirts still don't fit well. Damn broadness.

Wouldn't the Razer Phone 3 be coming out pretty quickly?

I'm still debating on buying The Division 2 pack that comes with the added storage space...or getting an RX580, which comes with the game...

Hahaha, what year muscle car? Please tell me you have long hair...

3 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

We've been official since Dec 31 2016.

WTF. How have you not saved any money in two years?! Flights are cheap in the US!
If you still haven't next summer, I'm flying down, flying you two to the same place...and then you're both going to county fairs with me. Since I'd want someone else to drive.

I'm going to make the asshole assumption that since you feel you need to lose weight, you know how to eat.

:ph34r:

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

1) Continue to loose weight and work on myself (So far went form 217 to 180 ish)

2) Talk to more women

3) Drink less alcohol

4) Don't smoke weed, as I need to pass a drug test for an internship

5) Enjoy life

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

10 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Haha, but so cute! I wouldn't want that many unless I had a massive piece of land, and the money to pay someone to pick up after them. On the regular.

Did you get weights too? Cardio is all find and dandy, but muscle is what burns fat.

What kind of pilots license? I used to want to get a heli license...until I saw how much it costs. Oyyy.

I drew something for a friend for Christmas. It was awful, because I suck. Her dad saw it on display in her room, and asked "what cute little boy painted that for you?" to which she replied "it was a really cute 30 year old boy!"

yeah, got some small weights as well. only 1.5kg each but anything bigger would break my flimsy noodle arms.

just my PPL, i don't want to fly commercially, just be able to fly!

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

25 minutes ago, dizmo said:

WTF. How have you not saved any money in two years?! Flights are cheap in the US!

If you still haven't next summer, I'm flying down, flying you two to the same place...and then you're both going to county fairs with me. Since I'd want someone else to drive.

I'm going to make the asshole assumption that since you feel you need to lose weight, you know how to eat.

:ph34r:

lol well it's more than that, just a lot of planning kek

28 minutes ago, spwath said:

1) Continue to loose weight and work on myself (So far went form 217 to 180 ish)

2) Talk to more women

3) Drink less alcohol

4) Don't smoke weed, as I need to pass a drug test for an internship

5) Enjoy life

Do you have a goal physique, or weight?

27 minutes ago, Arika S said:

yeah, got some small weights as well. only 1.5kg each but anything bigger would break my flimsy noodle arms.

just my PPL, i don't want to play commercially, just be able to fly!

Gotta start somewhere ;) Small weight is good for toning, too. I use 15kg weights right now.

Just don't crash in the desert with no water! Or a bush gun.

22 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I bought a treadmill and weights, and do like a 5k a day.  Kinda addicted to it.  XD 
Not sure, but the 2nd phone has gone down in price.
Debating on that still tbh, but trans ams are more common where I live than monte carlos.  Also, no I was going to grow my hair out yet found it far too annoying to deal with, especially when I have that stereotypical Norwegian curl.  I usually just shave my head or go with mohawks.  Yet, women keep comparing me to Bjorn from Vikings.  Not sure if that's a compliment.  XD

Has it? Interesting. I really wonder what they'll do with the third one. I don't think they can really get away with another round of incremental upgrades and tweaks.

Haha, definitely a compliment. I used to get compared to Spiderman. Years ago, when it was...uh...not the good one. I'm still not sure how to take that.

3 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

lol well it's more than that, just a lot of planning kek

...I just hear excuses ? My ex planned our trip to San Fransisco in 45 minutes. Including the booking of the tickets. And that's International.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Do you have a goal physique, or weight?

Not specifically, just be generally more in shape.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1) get fit

2) lose weight because Christmas food too good 

3) stop spending money on useless stuff

4) compete in mtb events because I’m really good

5) study harder

7) get the courage to talk to the girls in my class. Especially my lab partner. 

? use less emojis

9) treat my back pain finally!!

10) no more energy drinks

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

...I wouldn't move in with someone you've only been dating for a few months ;)

Gotta find out all those little irritating things they do first, then decide if you can cope with them!

I feel you on that one. I have been in an off and on long distance relationship with a girl I've known since elementary school but kind of lost contact with in high school since I moved. We got back into contact and into somewhat of a relationship over the last couple years. 

We share the same interests and her personality meshes well with mine. Only issue is that it's a long distance relationship, and while I'm pretty certain she remains committed to it, I'm less certain about its viability, hence me wanting to explore the waters locally. We're still trying to negotiate a time to meet up IRL for the first time in a decade, but her schedule is very hectic.

She isn't married ofc. No kids either. One year older than me.

It's all touch and go tbh. 

I guess I can add a real IRL meetup to my list of goals for the year. I may have to fly out to her area to facilitate that.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

its going to be a year of me looking at stuff i want to buy but i cant because im not buying anything untill 2019