Youtuber gets a copyright claim from 'CD Baby' on a private test stream of only his own voice

Syntaxvgm
17 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Time to make a fake account and make a claim on a record label. 

I wound't mind seeing how far that goes before something is done about it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Copyright claims should require some level of proof before any action can happen. It seems like just anyone can claim to hold the copyright to something and be talking out of their ass. 

There should also be repercussions for false copyright claims. If I recall there isn't at the moment.

The more and more of these false copyright claims I hear about the more I think they are the Youtube equivalent of those 'Nigerian Prince' phishing scams. Just like with those scams most people will ignore it/ dispute it. But all it takes is to claim the ad revenue of a few videos and its instantly worth it.

And its not like there is any consequence. Youtube does nothing and 99% of Youtubers don't want to go to court. - Not because they are in the wrong, but because the legal fees would cost too much.

BRB gonna make claims on all of Markiplier and PewDiePie's videos.

Drak3's gonna be rich by week's end.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

imagine youtube's own videos get copyrighted.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

This is youtube defending themselves over Article 13, Gotta say right now, EU are being assholes

✨FNIGE✨

too bad YT only acts when things turn into a twitter shitstorm

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

6 minutes ago, fade said:

So could CD Baby view somene else's private video to drop the claim? WTF

you know, it only just occurred to me that they could do that. how did I miss that... 

She/Her

6 hours ago, fade said:

So could CD Baby view somene else's private video to drop the claim? WTF

I think it's an automatic thing. Not that someone else can view your private stream, but there's still a bot or something that can detect if say, you stream something like the Apple event or a WWE show. This way you can't exploit the system by streaming/saving a copyrighted thing and redistribute it later.

3 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I think it's an automatic thing. Not that someone else can view your private stream, but there's still a bot or something that can detect if say, you stream something like the Apple event or a WWE show. This way you can't exploit the system by streaming/saving a copyrighted thing and redistribute it later.

Its not automatic. You have to manually claim a video

9 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Its not automatic. You have to manually claim a video

Other's have suggested (and it makes sense) that there are indeed some some automatic ones. Why would a CD Baby employee make a false claim on a private stream of just a dude's voice? Living in this time, they surely know the consequences of doing so.

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

Other's have suggested (and it makes sense) that there are indeed some some automatic ones. Why would a CD Baby employee make a false claim on a private stream of just a dude's voice? Living in this time, they surely know the consequences of doing so.

Because they can? There is little consequences really

15 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

The problem is there's never a positive resolution for almost anyone except larger youtubers. You appeal, CR holder says "no it's legit" and the strike stays on your account. 
His problem will get solved if it gets attention or the CR holder is good enough to manually review auto claims, other CR holders either dont review, double down, or manually claim to censor to take profits. 

9/10 times there's no resolution for this. 

I believe if the matter doesn't get solved on youtube, they will give the channel owner information about the claimant so they can settle the matter legally outside youtube, but that means hiring a lawyer and possibly going to trial, and that's a lot of money to spend for small channels.  

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

15 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Yes it is, there are companies that manage blocks of YT channels. Its a business. If I had a business, and I put something on my channel or my url, you'd bet I'd want someone to get on that asap.

I can categorically assure you it isn't. My YouTube channel is filled with old European rave music, I collect it on cassette and CD and upload requests from people to my channel.

Only around half of my uploaded videos have been content striked and actually non of them have ever been anything more than you can't view stats anymore.

If it was bots striking everything then every video I uploaded would have been hit but nope, like I say, only about 50% (roughly).

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Because they can? There is little consequences really

this particular one was automatic. It was a private stream after all. I think CD baby has possibly already rescinded it, meaning they're one of the better CR holders. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

17 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Trust me if you start just doing it and get used to it, it'll eventually not go away at all. 

I sound like a Russian speaking English with a rather thick accent. Nothing like I sound in real life lol