Youtuber gets a copyright claim from 'CD Baby' on a private test stream of only his own voice

Syntaxvgm

Archive link 
http://archive.is/Rq5BZ

Direct video 

Yet another day goes by and another stupid example of how youtube broken copyright system with automated appeals, a strike system, and no way false claims. Youtube will do nothing. No matter how loud people will get they will do nothing unless they feel this is causing them to lose money. And it likely isn't. There is no real competition for youtube, and there will likely never be anyone with billions to burn to make one. 

They never did anything before, It's nothing new. This reminds me of that time someone uploaded static and got claims about a year ago.
https://www.eff.org/takedowns/ten-hours-static-gets-five-copyright-notices

Sure they can't make a perfect auto-detect system. The problem is there's no way to fight these things for youtubers, and they have to face the possibility of terminated accounts for false claims. The times you hear about actual resolutions are only from channels big enough to get attention or a non automated appeal. Smaller youtubers almost NEVER get this solved. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

youtube

That is how youtube works, I heard that there are companies that automatically send in a complaint no matter what. They manage heavy loads of channels, and they have computers that constantly scan the flicks.

3 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

I've gotten a monetization claim from a song that sampled something that was in a video I had.

More specifically... this song. 

Daft punk should own youtube. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Anyone can claim anything, YT should be on top of it. Shouldnt take long to disprove anything.

3 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Anyone can claim anything, YT should be on top of it. Shouldnt take long to disprove anything.

The problem is there's never a positive resolution for almost anyone except larger youtubers. You appeal, CR holder says "no it's legit" and the strike stays on your account. 
His problem will get solved if it gets attention or the CR holder is good enough to manually review auto claims, other CR holders either dont review, double down, or manually claim to censor to take profits. 

9/10 times there's no resolution for this. 

muh specs 

All parts black

at least it’s not the SJW FaceBook pulls, YT just shuts down everyone lol. 

3 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

CR holders

They are automatic now, they have computers that search everything. Even that Australian guy that opens the mail packages with the Crocodile Dundee knife had a CR issue, but he laid over voice to images, but the computers search found the video and sent in the CR automatically.

4 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

The problem is there's never a positive resolution for almost anyone except larger youtubers. You appeal, CR holder says "no it's legit" and the strike stays on your account. 
His problem will get solved if it gets attention or the CR holder is good enough to manually review auto claims, other CR holders either dont review, double down, or manually claim to censor to take profits. 

9/10 times there's no resolution for this. 

It's the Twitter methodology of going about shit, not caring until it gets attention or if you have monetary power.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

SJW

That and CNN all fake news now, Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper and the rest of them are all spouting fake news, its sad to see. Then the host just blabbers louder over the other guy telling the truth. College and Univ campuses are even worse, they are like children snowflakes. They literally want to be called Snowflake and its against the law to say otherwise.

10 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

at least it’s not the SJW FaceBook pulls, YT just shuts down everyone lol. 

no they do that too. 

10 hours ago, Canada EH said:

That and CNN all fake news now, Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper and the rest of them are all spouting fake news, its sad to see. Then the host just blabbers louder over the other guy telling the truth.

It's all fake. Fox, CNN, MSNBC. It's one side's bullshit or another's. Trump is a fucking clown and so is everyone who criticizes him. IT's amazing how he cal tell so many lies yet they feel the need to lie about him to drive that home. 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

no they do that too. 

I like to see a good fist fight every now and then, on the news that is. Violence never solves nothing, but its sure interesting to watch. Gosh one day I'd like to see what kind of chops I have.

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

They are automatic now, they have computers that search everything. Even that Australian guy that opens the mail packages with the Crocodile Dundee knife had a CR issue, but he laid over voice to images, but the computers search found the video and sent in the CR automatically.

No, it's not all automated. A lot of CR holders have people that manually flag videos as well. Lionsgate is recently getting shit for manually doing this to bad movie reviews for example. Mobile app developers have long done this to negative mobile game reviews. 

muh specs 

All parts black

No, it's not all automated. A lot of CR holders have people that manually flag videos as well. Lionsgate is recently getting shit for manually doing this to bad movie reviews for example. Mobile app developers have long done this to negative mobile game reviews. 

Yes it is, there are companies that manage blocks of YT channels. Its a business. If I had a business, and I put something on my channel or my url, you'd bet I'd want someone to get on that asap.

I remember a time when trolls would report anything relating to My Little Pony, simply because they're assholes. Original content like songs, artworks, etc were being flagged because the trolls abused the system. This seems to be no different. Honestly, it's dumb that it hasn't changed with all the time that's passed.

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

I remember a time when trolls would report anything relating to My Little Pony, simply because they're assholes. Original content like songs, artworks, etc were being flagged because the trolls abused the system. This seems to be no different. Honestly, it's dumb that it hasn't changed with all the time that's passed.

independent bands have their own songs flagged by record labels and basically get the revenue stolen or the video taken down all the time and nothing happens. Sometimes people steal music, upload it, and CR strike the original. 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

That and CNN all fake news now, Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper and the rest of them are all spouting fake news, its sad to see. Then the host just blabbers louder over the other guy telling the truth. College and Univ campuses are even worse, they are like children snowflakes. They literally want to be called Snowflake and its against the law to say otherwise.

When I was working as a gardener I was with my mate and we were working with an old man. At lunchtime he was blabbing I’m about this snowflake stuff saying back in his day he used to help slaughter cattle and gut them after a long day herding them, young fellas won’t do that work now.

Little did he know I do pretty much the same thing with sheep, pigs on some weekends. Shearing is good money too. 

Not all us college students are snowflakes thank you. Not a fan of CNN either. 

7 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

no they do that too. 

Trouble with FB is that is easy easier to upload anything and share it, stuff gets around before it’s taken down.

independent bands have their own songs flagged by record labels and basically get the revenue stolen or the video taken down all the time and nothing happens. Sometimes people steal music, upload it, and CR strike the original. 

and that's why one of my channels is almost exclusively filled with copyrighted content I managed to get onto youtube

if you can't beat the system by making original content, give it a big fuck you by pushing the limits

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

7 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Yes it is, there are companies that manage blocks of YT channels. Its a business. If I had a business, and I put something on my channel or my url, you'd bet I'd want someone to get on that asap.

Yeah if it were my business i'd want in on that, more business is more money, but it's just easier to listen to a few people that get pissed and spin it as good PR when a channel gets blocked.

I think it's time for a massive legal sweep of the music industry. Their whole stance on piracy is only for stealing their IP, but the music industry will steal or pirate for themselves. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, ARikozuM said:

I think it's time for a massive legal sweep of the music industry. Their whole stance on piracy is only for stealing their IP, but the music industry will steal or pirate for themselves. 

If any legal reform happens it will just be what the industry wants. 

muh specs 

All parts black

This is why I don’t record my voice on youtube

/s 

Spoiler

That and I just hate my voice ?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

This is why I don’t record my voice on youtube

/s 

Hide contents

That and I just hate my voice ?

Trust me if you start just doing it and get used to it, it'll eventually not go away at all. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Copyright claims should require some level of proof before any action can happen. It seems like just anyone can claim to hold the copyright to something and be talking out of their ass. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

7 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Copyright claims should require some level of proof before any action can happen. It seems like just anyone can claim to hold the copyright to something and be talking out of their ass. 

Time to make a fake account and make a claim on a record label. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers