Can't get Supermicro C7P67 to POST

Go to solution Solved by pccd26,

I finally got it to fire up yesterday! Turns out this motherboard *really* doesn't like my GTX 260 for some reason. What really threw me off is every once in a while it would actually boot with the GTX 260, but it was always pretty flaky. It's just weird because I've had that card for years and its never given me any issues before. Oh well, I won't question it too much. Thanks kelvin for your super quick response!

After trying two known good CPU's (a i5 3470 and pentium G620), two sets of non-ECC ddr3 memory, and two GPU's (a GTX 260 and HD6790) I can not for the life of me get this motherboard to POST. I'm using a known good Seasonic SS-620GB, so power shouldn't be an issue. The furthest I've gotten is with the pentium G620, the motherboard makes this short chirping sound and then one or two seconds later makes 5 quick, short beeps with nothing showing up on the display (which definitely works), even after just letting it sit for a few minutes. I've looked up the user's manual, however the BIOS error beep codes page only lists 4 codes, and none of them describe the code I'm experiencing. I even tried removing the CMOS battery, waited a few minutes and put the battery back in which unfortunately made no difference. I can usually get even the most stubborn machines to POST after fiddling with them for a while, but this one has got me stumped. Any tips or advice you could provide would be most appreciated!!!

A bit of Googling shows that it might be as simple as not having a keyboard plugged in, but I feel like it would at least show something on the screen if that were the case. Try that if you don't already have a keyboard plugged in.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I've got an old PS/2 keyboard plugged in right now, but I'll definitely double check that!

I finally got it to fire up yesterday! Turns out this motherboard *really* doesn't like my GTX 260 for some reason. What really threw me off is every once in a while it would actually boot with the GTX 260, but it was always pretty flaky. It's just weird because I've had that card for years and its never given me any issues before. Oh well, I won't question it too much. Thanks kelvin for your super quick response!