Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a simple mechanical keyboard with a nice wrist wrest and simplistic lighting

Hey,

I'm looking for a simplistic mechanical keyboard with a nice wrist wrest because of some problems I currently have with my hand. I would prefer a keyboard without this whole RGB stuff to keep the price down, I know where my keys are^^, (white backlighting would be ok, but this f expensive RGB lighting would stay at the same color for it's entire lifespan),  it should also have the ability to be configured freely(macros and all this useful stuff) and I would prefer switches with some clicky-tactile feedback to it (original Cherry mx switches would be nice). Price should be around 130€, but oversea shipping to Germany is a little bit too expensive, so that rules out Massdrop and similar platforms.

I have already looked around by myself a lot, but I found no keyboards that had this simplistic style I'm looking for.

Gaming brands are, as far I am concerned, not the right place to look. There are some office brands out there but I don't know wich ones are good and wich ones i should stay away from.

So, it would be really nice if anyone could recommend me a brand or a specific keyboard. I know that I'm a bit specific, but I don't think my preferences are really that uncommon, so there should be some options out there.

thx

4 minutes ago, DerPfandadler said:

I have already looked around by myself a lot, but I found no keyboards that had this simplistic style I'm looking for.

Grab a Logitech G610 and any wrist rest that you like. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

The Vortex Race 3 is a great option for you but I don't think it has a wrist rest. Aftermarket ones are still pretty good, though. 

"Kieran just stole my girl!" - No-one

Discord: Kdog#7258

5 minutes ago, Kdog said:

The Vortex Race 3 is a great option for you but I don't think it has a wrist rest. Aftermarket ones are still pretty good, though. 

Yes, I would love to buy this one. BUT sadly it's not available in Germany, and even when it shows up for shipping or even selling in the first place, the shipping cost are a deal killer.

1 minute ago, DerPfandadler said:

Yes, I would love to buy this one. BUT sadly it's not available in Germany, and even when it shows up for shipping or even selling in the first place, the shipping cost are a deal killer.

I travel between the US and Bremen a lot so if you're near there maybe we can work something out

13 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Corsair k70, pick a model you like.

mabye a little too gamery.

And in Germany it's around 180€ in the newer version, I can't seem to find a office brand for mechanical keyboards, I just don't want my work and gaming place to look like a child's playground. Linus and all the other guys presented some office style keyboards that n the past, but I just can't remember the name of the brand. They had one made out of wood.

3 minutes ago, Kdog said:

I travel between the US and Bremen a lot so if you're near there maybe we can work something out

Nothing against you or anyone, but I kinda don't like stuff like this. But anyways, thanks for the offer.

2 minutes ago, DerPfandadler said:

Nothing against you or anyone, but I kinda don't like stuff like this. But anyways, thanks for the offer.

That's understandable. Look at Saturn as sometimes they have Logitech keyboards on sale. The ones with all white lighting. 

7 minutes ago, Kdog said:

But, can you maybe remember the brand that makes this keyboard with the chasie made out of wood, they also make some other keyboards in the style I would like to have on my desk. Linus and some other YouTubers presented them, but I can't seem to find or remember the name of the brand. Maybe you know how the where called?

1 minute ago, DerPfandadler said:

But, can you maybe remember the brand that makes this keyboard with the chasie made out of wood, they also make some other keyboards in the style I would like to have on my desk. Linus and some other YouTubers presented them, but I can't seem to find or remember the name of the brand. Maybe you know how the where called?

Is this the video? 

Just now, Kdog said:

That's understandable. Look at Saturn as sometimes they have Logitech keyboards on sale. The ones with all white lighting. 

Oh, thanks for the tip, I forgot that I have a tech time capsule here around the corner, they probably have some standard mechanical Logitech keyboard laying somewhere on/in/under there shelves, I will ask a friend that works there if they have something flying around. Thanks

1 minute ago, Kdog said:

Is this the video? 

Not really^^, I could buy a car for this amount of money, or one sli GPU setup... Hhhm...

Just now, DerPfandadler said:

Not really^^, I could buy a car for this amount of money, or one sli GPU setup... Hhhm...

I was talking about the $40 one later in the video. 

Just now, Kdog said:

I was talking about the $40 one later in the video. 

Oh, I found the one I meant, they are called Azio, but anyways thanks, you helped a lot^^

Looks like you can find Filco and Leopold keyboards on Amazon. Might be what you're looking for?

Edit: you can get a wrist wrest from another place. They're not that uncommon

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)