Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

can netflix dolby 5.1 sound support in browser ??

sohail14
 Share

in browser not show dolby sighn also i check dolby supported movies and series why ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

in browser not show dolby sighn also i check dolby supported movies and series why ??

You need to use Windows 10 Netflix app or, if I am mistaken, Edge web browser (didn't test). (or you need to the Netflix app in a smart TV or device)

Same for enjoying 1080p and 4K content.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

You need to use Windows 10 Netflix app or, if I am mistaken, Edge web browser.

Same for enjoying 1080p and 4K content.

 

This has to do with the DRM that Netflix uses. Netflix apps have support for it, and Microsoft is the only one that is buying the license for the DRM to allow the full Netflix experience.

 

edge not showing dolby sighn why ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

You need to use Windows 10 Netflix app or, if I am mistaken, Edge web browser. (or you need to the Netflix app in a smart TV or device)

Same for enjoying 1080p and 4K content.

 

 

Does this Windows Dolby Atmos worth ?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

netflix does play 5.1 in browsers....firefox, chrome and edge all play 5.1....amazon is the one that does not play 5.1 in browsers, you need their app for that

its the 4k in netflix you need the app for

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, circeseye said:

netflix does play 5.1 in browsers....firefox, chrome and edge all play 5.1....amazon is the one that does not play 5.1 in browsers, you need their app for that

not showing dolby in netflix browser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sohail14 said:

not showing dolby in netflix browser

thats because its automatic...if the movie or show is in 5.1 it plays it....the only options for sound you will see is language if the show/movie is in different languages

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Does this Windows Dolby Atmos worth ?

Dobly Atmos is only available on supported Netflix apps. Windows 10 Netflix app has support, if you wonder.

Not all content has it. And you need to have the computer hardware that support it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, circeseye said:

thats because its automatic...if the movie or show is in 5.1 it plays it....the only options for sound you will see is language if the show/movie is in different languages

 

i see in audio option thats show netflix original and audio discription which is dolby

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Dobly Atmos is only available on supported Netflix apps. Windows 10 Netflix app has support, if you wonder.

Not all content has it. And you need to have the computer hardware that support it

Is the Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers that i have compatible?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

go watch a netflix original movie, and see if the option shows up in there. if it does, your show just doesn;t have 5.1 support.

im using dolby atmos for headphone 5.1 show only on windows app not in browser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

intersting i never noticed that...yea in the app you can choose what you want to hear..stereo or 5.1...............but still even when i play it in my browser i get 5.1.....as far as i can tell it auto plays what your system is set up for...at least thats what it does on my system, because even in the browser my back speakers work, it sounds the same in ether...i set the app to stereo and yep its crappy stereo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, circeseye said:

intersting i never noticed that...yea in the app you can choose what you want to hear..stereo or 5.1...............but still even when i play it in my browser i get 5.1.....as far as i can tell it auto plays what your system is set up for...at least thats what it does on my system, because even in the browser my back speakers work, it sounds the same in ether...i set the app to stereo and yep its crappy stereo

so why netflix provide browser without that dolby option ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Is the Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers that i have compatible?

In your case, you need a sound card/chip that provides support for it, for the audio output you speakers takes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, sohail14 said:

so why netflix provide browser without that dolby option ??

who knows...like i said as far as i can tell in a browser it auto plays what your system is set at

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, circeseye said:

who knows...like i said as far as i can tell in a browser it auto plays what your system is set at

can torrent movies have dolby ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, circeseye said:

yes

some people told torrent movie not included dolby decoder 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

listen you already made a post about this we explained it.....

listen you keep having issue hearing 5.1 so........if you have the speakers or headphones does not mean you will hear it...you have to set up the settings in your system to use it....you have to have the right hardware (sound card or onboard sound) that supports it in your comp to use it.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

some people told torrent movie not included dolby decoder 

you know i just thought of something about this...you may not have the right codec (or missing) to play avi, mkv and such fully.....look for

K-Lite Codec Pack

you just might be missing codecs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, circeseye said:

you know i just thought of something about this...you may not have the right codec (or missing) to play avi, mkv and such fully.....look for

K-Lite Codec Pack

you just might be missing codecs

what is that ?? how to use

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, sohail14 said:

what is that ?? how to use

its audio/video codecs that some video/audio files use that windows doesnt have.......they just get installed and video and audio players access them to play the files...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×