Got 2 HP Monitors but Windows thinks one of them is Fujitsu?

rezartr

Hello guys,

I got 2 HP EliteDisplays E231 and one of them is connected with VGA and the other with DisplayPort.

I have been looking online for quite a while and I even bought new graphics cards as I was blaming the old one because I was seeing 2 different colours on my exact same displays.

After changing to new graphics cards, I saw that the issue kept appearing and just randomly checked the "device manager" and I saw that one of the monitors appears as a Fujitsu ...

I tried to uninstall the drivers of the display and install it again and it will still show up as a Fujitsu Display P22W-5 ECO.

What should I do?

Thank you!

Could be that Fujitsu made the display itself. Otherwise, force the HP driver over it if available.

By the way, two monitors of the same make and model don't have the exact same panel and calibration, so color differences are always going to be a thing. Making them look the same is up to the end user.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

17 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Could be that Fujitsu made the display itself. Otherwise, force the HP driver over it if available.

That can't be possible as the one shows a 22-inch monitor meanwhile they are both 23.

ps: how can I force the drivers?

15 hours ago, rezartr said:

That can't be possible as the one shows a 22-inch monitor meanwhile they are both 23.

ps: how can I force the drivers?

Manual driver update. Back in the day, there was no installer, you simply installed drivers manually by pointing the device to the path of the driver files.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro