Wireless Boom Mic (for V-Moda mainly)

2BOnest

Hi all,

I've been using the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless (first model) two years from now for gaming and music and I absolutely love it.

While I'm gaming I'm using the Boom Pro Mic (always from V-Moda) but that has a cable, and I prefer to wear them via bluetooth.

I was wondering if there was a solution to attach maybe a wireless boom mic to it? will it work? - see attachment

I'm honestly not interest in the modmic wireless solution since it costs way too much and I've already have the possibility to use a mic - just not the way I would rather go tho :)

51LboIrLjYL._SL1100_.jpg

It is possible to transmit sound in both directions over one bluetooth connection, but the quality suffers and it won't work with those headphones.

Using a separate connection would be better. A small bluetooth transmitter should work. Just attach the V-Moda Mic to it and connect it to your PC.

My boring Github   /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Hey @2BOnest! Sorry our ModMic Wireless wasn't a good match for your budget. Don't think for a second that means I won't be as helpful as possible :)! I appreciate that you considered our product and we know it is expensive (but that's what it costs to get the kind of quality we make).

So what's the alternative? Well, as @Timotheus2 points out you can use a BT transmitter like the one linked ($30). If your PC doesn't have an aptx Low Latency receiver you'll need one of those as well to get the most out of it. That will run you another $30 or so. You also need a way to secure it to your headphones, it's kinda bulky. And you need a mic, and here's where you may run into some issues.

As far as I know, the audio input on these transmitters is not powered. That means you'd need a mic that can operate without bias power. A dynamic mic can, but I don't know any off the top of my head that are small like a ModMic or boompro styled mic. If you do find one it will probably cost a bit too and you're already up to potentially $60 + mounting solutions.

I suspect you may be able to find non-aptX transmitters and receivers, which will radically decrease the price (but add latency and possibly decrease quality). The key is finding a transmitter with a powered 3.5mm port OR a good dynamic mic that you can use without power.

So.... yeah, that's why the ModMic Wireless took so long to create, it seems so simple but it's actually very unique! It's also why it costs so darn much :(. The parts on it are rather expensive!

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

On 1/9/2019 at 8:44 PM, Timotheus2 said:

It is possible to transmit sound in both directions over one bluetooth connection, but the quality suffers and it won't work with those headphones.

Using a separate connection would be better. A small bluetooth transmitter should work. Just attach the V-Moda Mic to it and connect it to your PC.

I'll try it! thanks :)

and thanks @AAJoe for the advice ;)