TT Core W200 - Can it become two??

Psmall5

Hi All,

So I got my hands on a Core W200 for extremely cheap..

I'm wondering if it can be split into two cases i.e 2 Core W100's 

Before I go 'ham' i thought i'd ask the people with a little more experience in modding.

If you're wondering why, I already have a custom Tower 900 and am looking for another full tower to become a 2ndary system. 

If i'm completely crazy, please let me know!

14 hours ago, Psmall5 said:

Hi All,

So I got my hands on a Core W200 for extremely cheap..

I'm wondering if it can be split into two cases i.e 2 Core W100's 

Before I go 'ham' i thought i'd ask the people with a little more experience in modding.

If you're wondering why, I already have a custom Tower 900 and am looking for another full tower to become a 2ndary system. 

If i'm completely crazy, please let me know!

Unless you're planning on essentially building a new case no, the case is a single piece for each of the panels and only has one main divider in the middle.  

14 minutes ago, W-L said:

Unless you're planning on essentially building a new case no, the case is a single piece for each of the panels and only has one main divider in the middle.  

Cheers,

I knew all of that going into the crazy idea. The only way i thought of doing it was to use Acrylic/Aluminium and create the side panels etc.

Do you think this would this be feasible? 

22 minutes ago, Psmall5 said:

Cheers,

I knew all of that going into the crazy idea. The only way i thought of doing it was to use Acrylic/Aluminium and create the side panels etc.

Do you think this would this be feasible? 

Anything is possible but it just depends if it's worth the effort and time. It may not have a super nice fit and finish unless you are planning on cutting welding and grinding to build the new section that splits the case. 

2 hours ago, W-L said:

Anything is possible but it just depends if it's worth the effort and time. It may not have a super nice fit and finish unless you are planning on cutting welding and grinding to build the new section that splits the case. 

I can manage the cutting and grinding.... welding is a different story. 

I might put this idea back in the box.

Cheers