New guy to the site! Is this build compatible?

Capture.PNG

Would the parts I selected be compatible with each other?
Also open to any suggestions you guys may have for me!
I appreciate any help anyone may provide!

1 minute ago, Alexsolo said:

Your processor is not compatible. Switch it out for a i9-9900K that fits a Z390 LGA1151 socket.

Thank you for the catch! If I were to switch out the mobo what would you recommend that is compatible? First time building I been saving for a year and gained extreme interest into trying to build one for the first time after watching many videos on builds. So my knowledge is quite limited on this.

Use pcpartpicker.com and it will tell you about most incompatibilities like this one. It will even tell you about some more nuanced compatibility issues like older chipsets needing bio updates to support a newer cpu. 

use https://pcpartpicker.com, it makes sure all parts are compatible and finds the cheapest online retailers.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, Dilly0001 said:

Thank you for the catch! If I were to switch out the mobo what would you recommend that is compatible? First time building I been saving for a year and gained extreme interest into trying to build one for the first time after watching many videos on builds. So my knowledge is quite limited on this.

Honestly the i9 9900k is a better deal. What are you planning on using this pc for? Unless it's something that really needs a ton of pcie lanes or quad channel memory it doesn't make sense to go for that i9 over a 9900k. 

21 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Use pcpartpicker.com and it will tell you about most incompatibilities like this one. It will even tell you about some more nuanced compatibility issues like older chipsets needing bio updates to support a newer cpu. 

18 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Honestly the i9 9900k is a better deal. What are you planning on using this pc for? Unless it's something that really needs a ton of pcie lanes or quad channel memory it doesn't make sense to go for that i9 over a 9900k. 

Doesn't show 9900x though I believe it's too new.
Gaming and graphic design mostly.
Possibly dibble in streaming when I have time.

Just now, TrigrH said:

get the 9900k if you wanna splurge

I think I will be using the 9900k thanks for all the recs to everyone, just out of curiosity what would be the next step up after the 9900k

2 minutes ago, Dilly0001 said:

I think I will be using the 9900k thanks for all the recs to everyone, just out of curiosity what would be the next step up after the 9900k

getting a modified one from case king or silicon lottery, thats been pre binned and delided.

10 minutes ago, Dilly0001 said:

Doesn't show 9900x though I believe it's too new.
Gaming and graphic design mostly.
Possibly dibble in streaming when I have time.

Replace the 9900x on pcpartpicker with the 7900x. They are both compatible with the exact same motherboards. Also if you can find the i9-7900x for cheaper, it is a better buy as the 9900x is basically the exact same processor, just with 100mhz higher boost clock.

3 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Replace the 9900x on pcpartpicker with the 7900x. They are both compatible with the exact same motherboards. Also if you can find the i9-7900x for cheaper, it is a better buy as the 9900x is basically the exact same processor, just with 100mhz higher boost clock.

Appreciate that. Thank you for the tip.
So just cpu seems to be the thing I should do a little more research into.

2 minutes ago, Dilly0001 said:

Basically Intel's 9th generation CPUs are all a slight bump over their last generation CPUs, especially in the HEDT lineup which includes the i9 9900X/9920X/9940X/9960X/9980XE. All of them compared to the i9 7900X/7920X/7940X/7960X/7980XE have slight bumps in clock speed and thats about it. Not worth it to get those.

The i9 9900k is still under their more mainstream lineup of cpus, which also includes the i3 9350k, i5 9400, i5 9600k, i7 9700k.

Just now, Dilly0001 said:

Appreciate that. Thank you for the tip.
So just cpu seems to be the thing I should do a little more research into.

BTW, what software do you use for your graphic design?

Just now, _d0nut said:

BTW, what software do you use for your graphic design?

Don't account my avatar for this lol just something i've used since I was 14. I have good knowledge with Photoshop and am an intermediate user with illustrator.

I do have a little wiggle room to splurge so even minor improvements I am ok with spending a little extra.

1 hour ago, Dilly0001 said:

Looks like an excellent build and will be perfect for your workload. The 9900k is a beast of a cpu and has a much stronger single threaded performance than the 9900x which is honestly more important for your workloads.