Planning on a build, any advice?

pown otto

Hi guys so this would be my second build and I would like some advice. This PC will be for photo editing, illustration, and gaming. I want to be able to run the latest games at high refresh on 1440p. I'm located in the US and my max budget is around < $1500. I would like to go with a black, white, and RGB theme. I have a parts list put together and would just like any other advice. Thank you!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($308.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($157.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Storage: ADATA - XPG SX6000 Pro 256 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($52.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($479.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Deepcool - MATREXX 55 ADD-RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($80.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.99 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Deepcool - CF120 3 in 1 56.5 CFM 120mm Fans  ($59.99) 
Other: 3M 1080 M10 MATTE WHITE 3in x 5in (SAMPLE SIZE) Car Wrap Vinyl Film  ($2.95) 
Total: $1405.76

The only thing I would maybe change is the case. I would go for something like the cooler master h500 or get the meshify c and buy rgb fans 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

3 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

The only thing I would maybe change is the case. I would go for something like the cooler master h500 or get the meshify c and buy rgb fans 

I'm really into like, sleek hard edged cases with tempered glass like the one i have linked. Do you see any nice cases similar to the one i have linked like that? It's $80 because it includes the 3 RGB fans in the case. If i get it without the RGB it's like 40-50

Looks good for what you're trying to accomplish with the build. Depending on how much photo editing you do, and the size of the files you work with, a 1 TB HDD may fill up somewhat quickly. If you don't have an external storage solution already planned, may want to go for a bigger drive. But - you can always expand this super easy in the future when / if the need arises. Otherwise, nice spec.

11 minutes ago, Billaeon said:

Looks good for what you're trying to accomplish with the build. Depending on how much photo editing you do, and the size of the files you work with, a 1 TB HDD may fill up somewhat quickly. If you don't have an external storage solution already planned, may want to go for a bigger drive. But - you can always expand this super easy in the future when / if the need arises. Otherwise, nice spec.

Yeah I have about 15TB worth of external storage I plan on using as I don't want all my projects saved to one drive.

Edit - The internal memory will be more for games and working files, that will be stored on external drives when completed.