Motherboard BIOS update, need help

Hello guys!

I will be picking up a whole new set of gear for my next build, but I am worried about one thing. I will be using the ASROCK Z370 PRO4 ATX MOBO, and an I7 8700, 1070 GPU and 2x8GB of DDR4 3200Mhz. Out of the box, is there any chance that It will be needed to update the BIOS or as the MOBO was made for this set of intel chips I shouldnt even worry about it and everything should work perfectly. So I guess as long as I dont run into some problems I dont even have to think about updating? If you can shed some light on this topic, please help me out I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance :)

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

z370 is always updated for 8th gen. nothing to worry about

Man you are everywhere, thanks for the help here too, I really appreciate it!

Z370 isn't needed for a non-K CPU btw, you could get a quality H370 board that's probably a cheaper version of what you've selected.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, redingitel said:

Man you are everywhere, thanks for the help here too, I really appreciate it!

yep... bored in too many places.

no problem!

btw, you noticed it's a locked cpu on a unlocked mobo, right?

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Z370 isn't needed for a non-K CPU btw, you could get a quality H370 board that's probably a cheaper version of what you've selected.

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

yep... bored in too many places.

no problem!

btw, you noticed it's a locked cpu on a unlocked mobo, right? 

Yes, lot of guys said that its not needed, but everything should work fine like this too if I am correct. The main reason that I am sticking with this board instead of a H370 is that most of the H370s that I was able to found at my retailer wont support the 3200MHZ RAM they seem to support 2666 tops.

1 minute ago, redingitel said:

Yes, lot of guys said that its not needed, but everything should work fine like this too if I am correct. The main reason that I am sticking with this board instead of a H370 is that most of the H370s that I was able to found at my retailer wont support the 3200MHZ RAM they seem to support 2666 tops.

fair enough, and if you're brave enough, you can try bclk overclocking, but no success guaranteed...

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

fair enough, and if you're brave enough, you can try bclk overclocking, but no success guaranteed...

I am really not worried about overclocking even tho it must be fun :D I just want a great reliable PC, that will hold up for years, I kinda feel like I should look for a better MOBO but I am not sure if its needed

Just now, redingitel said:

I am really not worried about overclocking even tho it must be fun :D I just want a great reliable PC, that will hold up for years, I kinda feel like I should look for a better MOBO but I am not sure if its needed

well, if you don't mind spending a little bit more, the aorus z390 boards are really nice. but those are meant for unlocked cpus...

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, if you don't mind spending a little bit more, the aorus z390 boards are really nice. but those are meant for unlocked cpus...

Looks nice but other than the lights it doesnt seem to offer any more than the ASROCK. I think as long as there is no drawback with running a non K version chip on this MOBO I will stick with it.

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I just realised you said 390 not 70, so I was wrong but I dont mind spending a little bit of extra if it makes any difference

4 minutes ago, redingitel said:

Looks nice but other than the lights it doesnt seem to offer any more than the ASROCK. I think as long as there is no drawback with running a non K version chip on this MOBO I will stick with it.

ehm... 12 phase power delivery maybe?

6 minutes ago, redingitel said:

here you have my take

31 minutes ago, redingitel said:

I am a noobie when it comes to non nVIDIA cards, but I will look into i

vega64=~1080 performence, it needs some undervolting, but after that it's a really nice card

20 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

vega64=~1080 performence, it needs some undervolting, but after that it's a really nice card

Thank you, I am watching some vids right now about it:D