PC wont boot past VGA with new 2080 Ti

Vizzaral
Go to solution Solved by Vizzaral,

I got it working (for now, idk if its temp working). Legit, the issue was I only had 1 PCIe thumb screw in, not the second?

Exactly as title says. New Asus Dual Fan 2080 Ti, I take it out, PC boots of iGPU, put 2080 Ti back in, cant boot. As a side note, 1 of the GPU fans spin, while tge 2nd will spin for a second, before stopping.

Thanks for any help, Vizz.

Just now, vizzaral said:

Exactly as title says. New Asus Dual Fan 2080 Ti, I take it out, PC boots of iGPU, put 2080 Ti back in, cant boot. As a side note, 1 of the GPU fans spin, while tge 2nd will spin for a second, before stopping.

Do you have a modular psu?

What are these for?

1 minute ago, epikgamerwmp said:

Do you have a modular psu?

Yes, AX1200i

Just now, vizzaral said:

Yes, AX1200i

Have you checked the cables at both ends? Make sure the are fully in.

What are these for?

6 minutes ago, vizzaral said:

What's you motherboard?

Did you correctly plugged the cables in the PSU and in the GPU?

"Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave birth to time and space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that set a planet spinning in that space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave rise to life as we know it... And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last"

"... To see the world in a grain of sand. Heaven in a wild flower

Hold infinite in the palm of your hand.  And eternity in an hour ..."

PC: 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.3GHz 1.3875v Motherboard: AsRock X470 Taichi (BIOS: Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB) RAM: 4x8GB(32) 3200MHzCL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: NZXT Hydro X72 360mm Case: NZXT Phantom 820 PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1909 / OS Build: )

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

5 minutes ago, epikgamerwmp said:

Have you checked the cables at both ends? Make sure the are fully in.

Yes, i also just tried only having 1 8pin connected to the gpu, identicle results (tried both cables)

1 minute ago, vizzaral said:

Yes, i also just tried only having 1 8pin connected to the gpu, identicle results (tried both cables)

Do you have a spare cable and connector on your psu

What are these for?

6 minutes ago, GabrielLP14 said:

What's you motherboard?

Did you correctly plugged the cables in the PSU and in the GPU?

Prime Z390-A

Yes, same PSU port as when I had a 1070 Ti, I double checked it was pcie on the PSU, amd they both click into the 2080 Ti

1 minute ago, epikgamerwmp said:

Do you have a spare cable and connector on your psu

Out of cable mod cables, but I should have a normal AX1200i cable i can test. Shouldnt I get a message on my monitor saying i need to plug in the GPU power if it wasnt recieving power?

3 minutes ago, vizzaral said:

Prime Z390-A

Yes, same PSU port as when I had a 1070 Ti, I double checked it was pcie on the PSU, amd they both click into the 2080 Ti

Are you using a Display port cable to your monitor?

"Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave birth to time and space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that set a planet spinning in that space. Once there was an explosion, a bang that gave rise to life as we know it... And then came the next explosion. An explosion that will be our last"

"... To see the world in a grain of sand. Heaven in a wild flower

Hold infinite in the palm of your hand.  And eternity in an hour ..."

PC: 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.3GHz 1.3875v Motherboard: AsRock X470 Taichi (BIOS: Agesa 1.0.0.3 ABB) RAM: 4x8GB(32) 3200MHzCL16 Hyper X GPU: GTX 980 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Core Clock: 1595MHz Memory Clock: 8000MHz Storage: SAMSUNG EVO 860 2TB(OS) / SAMSUNG EVO 860 1TB(Backup) Cooler: NZXT Hydro X72 360mm Case: NZXT Phantom 820 PSU: Corsair TX-750w Display Monitor: Monitor AOC AG251FG 240Hz G-Sync 1080p Headset: Headset LogiTech G633 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version: 1909 / OS Build: )

NOTEBOOK:

Model: Acer Aspire 5516 CPU: AMD TF-20 1.6GHz(1C/1T) GPU: ATI Radeon X1200(256MB) RAM: 4GB(2x2GB) 666MHz HD: SSD Sandisk PLUS 240GB OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

I have the same GPU and mine works, it often boots up with only one fan spinning.

Just now, GabrielLP14 said:

Are you using a Display port cable to your monitor?

Yes, I have 4 cables to make surei cam see the bios if it shows up. 3 DP and 1 HDMI, all plugged into the GPU. One of the DP monitors will turn on, but remains black and says no display input.

1 minute ago, BobbyPdue said:

I have the same GPU and mine works, it often boots up with only one fan spinning.

Mine wont even boot ?

I got it working (for now, idk if its temp working). Legit, the issue was I only had 1 PCIe thumb screw in, not the second?