ltt's cameraman sucks

zassou

compare this, which is stable, clear, easy to watch

to this

and it's shaky, blurry, the focus fly all over the fild, and the field of view is way too tight (ie not using a normal focal or wide angle lens).

i wish you take some lessons from some "lesser" content creators.

if you have parkinsons, stop working and go to the hospital, get some propper treatments.

i dont care if you go 8K or what, im watching it in 1080p and the black bars are annoying, but the most annoying part is not only it's shaky , it's shaky under 24p, adding the "film" texture to the next level. i dont care what content you are doing, even tho it's good like this one, the video is making me sick. and im watching this in a well lit room with proper monitor.

fire that individual please.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

If that video makes you sick, you are the one who needs to go to the hospital and get proper treatment

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

I was about to say well gn films in the studio and linus is on location but yea.... lol

There's considerable quality difference between LTT and GN in general.

Now, if GN only had a forum as large....

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

hmmm......

its almost like one of the videos wer shot ina studio and one in a random room at an event........

no that cant be the case...

that would be silly

edit: i misstaken gamernexus vid for another one, but one was with a camera stand and LTT uses free cameramen when doing these shoots

8 hours ago, zassou said:

shaky

You know what it is, it is them trying to spit out as many video's as they can to maximize their profits. Its just what Linus does. How much overhead can sustain a limited amount of video's for the technology overhead.

One is studio, one is EFP. Two different styles of shooting, editing, and prep.  Watch the news (like CNN, MSNBC, etc) for the comparison. If you look at the difference in Studio vs EFP, you'll see it even with multi-million dollar companies.

7 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

hmmm......

its almost like one of the videos wer shot ina studio and one in a random room at an event........

no that cant be the case...

that would be silly

Watch the videos. Both the videos are shot on location at CES in the Asus hotel room.

It looks like the gamers Nexus video was using a stand mounted camera while LTT was using hand held/body mounted camera.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

>he never experienced the camera operator with the "creepy" breathing

@zassou you don't know what "crappy" is sister.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

13 hours ago, zassou said:

if you have parkinsons, stop working and go to the hospital, get some propper treatments.

Knowing a few people with this condition.

Firstly the Hospital can do almost jack for them unless it becomes a medical emergency.

Secondly depending on the advancement of said condition the camera would have been dropped.

Thirdly, try shipping a gimbal for your equipment, esp the ones LMG owns. If you knew that you would know how logical it would be to bring one.

Fourthly, who are you to tell someone with any condition that they need to stop working due to it if they could still successfully keep doing their job?

13 hours ago, zassou said:

fire that individual please.

Ok,

donald-trump-you-re-fired-meme.jpg (from posting here ever again)

Oh wait, you mean the camera person? Nah, they are doing a good job. Lets see you do better, oh wait, you can't.

Tripod versus body-mounted gimbal

Look it up 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Bit of unfair comparison, don't you think?

That being said, Linus isn't easiest target. He's hyperactive, moves a lot and when they don't have script, cameraperson has tough job to keep up with all sudden movements. I can dig up video with camera-god Brandon where you can see how hard its for someone who is new to working with Linus.

Plus this being event coverage. Look at other channels event coverage videos. GN's for example are 1-man-with-tripod. Not good comparison (but you can see how bad lighting in the room is). Paul's Hardware is also doing 1-man-with-camera thing, but without tripod. Now thats something you should compare with. Shaky but usually target is unmoving object.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Plus this being event coverage. Look at other channels event coverage videos. GN's for example are 1-man-with-tripod. Not good comparison (but you can see how bad lighting in the room is). Paul's Hardware is also doing 1-man-with-camera thing, but without tripod. Now thats something you should compare with. Shaky but usually target is unmoving object.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Yeah, waiting to see that. Phil is good in studio conditions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well at least compare them when the video is made in the same conditions...

If you are mainly worried about shaking and black bars, they are fine in GN's videos.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

12 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

If you are mainly worried about shaking and black bars, they are fine in GN's videos.

I think they're using GamersNexus videos as a comparison to show a 'good' example.

Gamers Nexus appears to be using a tripod mount for their video camera, while LTT is using a hand held/body mounted camera which is naturally going to be less stable when moving around. As for the black bars on the LTT videos, that's a recent change the channel made to the aspect ratio used and has nothing to do with the camera operator.

25 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

try watching it on any screen larger than 21" ,_,

I watched that video and many video's shakier than that on my 32" TV that I use as main display. so I sit monitor distance away from it. 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

wait you're keyboard-reading distance away from a 32" screen? O_O that's actually worse for me

yes. it's awesome. I have most of my field of view filled up with display (awesome when gaming), and I can comfortably read everything. my eyes are kinda bad so... 

like on my 13" 1280x800 MacBook display I occasionally have to zoom in to read stuff. 

but I guess I'm just lucky that I don't get sick from watching shaky video's. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

nah man that'd actually make me sick O_O if I play tomb raider like that I will feel the floor underneath me moving even when it shouldn't

is it really that bad? 

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

(I mean don't make me stop you if it's actually working out for you, because having being able to tolerate a large "simulation" viewport without needing VR goggles is totally a blessing)

yep. because my eyes are so terrible I can't focus on things that are really close to my eyes. I can wear a HTC Vive for about 2 minutes before my eyes really start to hurt. 

She/Her

13 hours ago, Evanair said:

Watch the news (like CNN, MSNBC, etc) for the comparison. If you look at the difference in Studio vs EFP, you'll see it even with multi-million dollar companies.

You would have to watch a show like CBC's Market Place to get a accurate comparison, because even when you watch outside recordings (even live ones) it's usually soft movement or none at all.

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

try watching it on any screen larger than 21" ,_,

at least it does for me, but not to the point of wishing ill of someone because I've been on the back end of a camera before.

I watched it on a 24" I had no issues, each person is different tho, I can't watch 24fps blurry hand cam on this monitor if it was recorded in lower quality or smaller screen size, it hurts my eyes esp when Youtube decides 144p is acceptability instead of letting the loading circle take a few seconds longer...

I've used SLR or similar body styles (Canon S5, SX40, T6i for video others for pictures) and I know for a fact it's a huge pain in the ass to try to keep one of those steady even with their handy hand grip, I can only imagine the horror a shoulder held camera person has to compete with.

10 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

yeah it's to the point I kinda hate flying, but nowhere as much as being on a boat. or even watching boat scenes in Dunkirk for the matter ,_,

the eye thing I can understand ,_, my eyes hasn't learned to accommodate to the weird system in VR headsets (like looking at far objects, but vision blurred because the actual screen isn't that far)

Can I recommend you seeing a good eye doctor. It sounds like you have an eye condition. 

I prefer the LTT style video, where you see a much better blend of the enviroment, Linus and the other stuff in the room. I know both videos were about the water-cooled card, but I don't want to watch an entire video of a close up shot (it's kinda suffocating in a sense).

Perhaps the GN video was slightly more informative, but the LTT vid was a better blend of entertainment and information. And lets not forget that most of LTT viewers will only have a passing interest in these products from CES, and not want to see every nitty-gritty diode or capacitor..

Those are two different kind of videos. 

Steve isn't moving at all and using B-rolls while Linus is basically doing a tour in ASUS' room. 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones