Looking for 6 140mm case fans

Hey guys, I'm about to purchase a Phanteks Evolv X and looking for 6 140mm fans to put in the case (1 Rear, 3 Front, 2 Top with a 280mm rad). 

Noctua's have been insanely well regarded for a long time but it seems recently the competition has stepped up significantly. I don't care about LEDs or RGB.

I'd like relatively quiet (doesn't have to be silent) fans with a good PWM range. Some of the current fans I'm looking at with their pricing in my location are:

Corsair ML140 2-Pack ($45/$22.50 ea)

Corsair ML140 PRO ($35)

Noctua 140mm range from $38-$45 ea depending on model

be quiet! Silent Wings 3 ($29)

Happy to consider all options!

That's why I said in my location haha. I'm from Australia and this is in AUD, I just provided the costs so people could see the prices relative to each other.

I believe that the be quiet! pure wing 2 PWM 140mm fans are pretty cheap, at least here in the US. It's probably a different story for you in Australia. Take a look though.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

55 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I believe that the be quiet! pure wing 2 PWM 140mm fans are pretty cheap, at least here in the US. It's probably a different story for you in Australia. Take a look though.

PW2's don't have very good static pressure which is required for for a case like the Evolv X with restrictive panels.

The case comes with what looks like 3x PH-F140MP's which are pretty good already. I'd suggest using them and seeing how they perform before deciding on whether or not to buy new fans.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

24 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

PW2's don't have very good static pressure which is required for for a case like the Evolv X with restrictive panels.

The case comes with what looks like 3x PH-F140MP's which are pretty good already. I'd suggest using them and seeing how they perform before deciding on whether or not to buy new fans.

Both of those pieces of info are great thank you! So a higher SP fan like the Corsair ML140 would be a good choice?

I may try out the 3 fans that come with it or just buy 3 additional instead of 6. I'll have a think about it.

7 minutes ago, Heavenss said:

Both of those pieces of info are great thank you! So a higher SP fan like the Corsair ML140 would be a good choice?

I may try out the 3 fans that come with it or just buy 3 additional instead of 6. I'll have a think about it.

ML140's would be more appropriate than PW2's but I'm not sure if they're more suitable than the stock case fans. Due to how the stock case fans are more optimized for static pressure, I think they'd be better at low rpm. At max rpm, ML140's would perform better simply due to the higher max rpm. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.