Best 850W PSU currently?

5 hours ago, Heavenss said:

Hey guys,

I really like the Super flower Leadex platinum 750W and the Seasonic Prime Platinum variants. Solid choices.

59 minutes ago, Heavenss said:

You're right it is an exception, I am just rather annoyed that most people throw out blanket statements claiming what I'm saying is wrong

Because you are wrong and got your oppinion because of false pretenses that some people claim.

I don't fault you for that at all, just told you that it makes no sense and is wrong.

Now look at that:

DSC_4293Andere.th.jpg

The same design is used for 450 and 850W.

The 450 and 550W have a 0,45A fan, the 650W and up a 0,6A.

Thus the 450 and 550W rotate at around 450rpm idle, the other one 675rpm or so.

And are temperature controlled.

when all along all I wanted was some solid recommendations.

You already got the,

Be quiet Straight Power 11, Bitfenix Whisper M, Cougar GX-F.

For your setup 550W is plenty.

I myself have to use _TWO_ Radeon HD7970GHz/280x in my Ryzen 1700x system to get close to 550W...

That really is plenty for your system...

I just tried to give an example but I think a lot of people saw it as a generalization which obviously isn't true because it varies not just from manufacturer to manufacture but even series to series.

Awesome, thanks.

Yes it does but in general lower wattage PSU are, more often than not, quieter than the higher wattage ones.

You often see the fan spinning at 1000rpm or close to it in some higher wattage models in the 800W Range you are looking for.

For example:
The 550W EVGA G3 you have would have been somewhat OKish, the 850W is not.

Because of the higher fan RPM fan that has to be used for the 850W Version...

I haven't heard much bad at all about Corsair RMi/RMx and I'm sure the same goes for most of the higher end Seasonic units too

There are plenty of complaints about the fan noise for Seasonic Prime, don't matter wich one.

And those ones are using the same fan for all Wattages of the series...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, Rexper said:

Neither of those are very quiet.

https://cybenetics.com/index.php?option=power-supplies for noise and efficiency ratings.

You re kidding right?
Below 30 dB is quiet. Below 20 is whispering and below 10 is breathing. So no they re not very quiet, the are ultra quiet. That doesn't mean there are not quieter psus but that wasn't my point.

1 minute ago, Settlerteo said:

You re kidding right?
Below 30 dB is quiet. Below 20 is whispering and below 10 is breathing. So no they re not very quiet, the are ultra quiet. That doesn't mean there are not quieter psus but that wasn't my point.

No, you're wrong.

And you can't just look at the db either as it does not reflect the way humans hear stuff...

But no, they are NOT very quiet let alone "ultra quiet", they are mediocre at best or rather loud, especially higher wattage EVGA units tend to be rather loud as soon as the fan starts spinning...

And Seasonic has Problems with fan noise (motor)...

On the quieter side are some corsairs, the Bitfenix Formula and Whisper (550W and lower), all be quiet ATX PSU and a couple of other units here and there. But you have to look it up.

Each unit individually...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"