Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New case or stick with old one

fluxdeity

Hello everyone, I've had a Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced since 2013. Over the years I've gotten lazy and stopped cleaning it every 4-6 months. I have 3 dogs and a cat so the dust/gunk on the fans is pretty much FUBAR after not cleaning for 2-3 years. The PCIe brackets are broke where my GPU goes so it has quite a bit of sag as well. Had to try and use the extra 4-pin power cable to hang it up and lessen the sag.

I'm looking to upgrade my build in the near future with a Zen2 CPU, new mobo, RAM, semi-modular PSU, fans, and fan filters.

Should I go ahead and spend another $70-80 for a new mid-tower case? If so any suggestions?

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

Why not? How's the money situation, if you can afford it and your bills go for it. If not you already know which option you should go with.

When I built mine I reused my zalman z9+ case. It's easy enough to clean once empty. My fans etc were all good except one. So that was an easy call especially since ram prices were rediculous then. If you have to buy new fans and filters the question becomes is it worth the extra couple bucks for a case that comes with them pre installed. If it were me I'd definitely go with the new case if it's in your budget and not going to make you compromise your other components.

17 hours ago, fluxdeity said:

Should I go ahead and spend another $70-80 for a new mid-tower case? If so any suggestions?

Probably. You can easily fit your new system int a much smaller case with as good airflow and easier to access dust filters. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

17 hours ago, fluxdeity said:

No, get some filters and call it a day.

If you want a new, better case, you have to spend more money. But spending money for something that is essentially the same thing but (might) look different makes little to no sense.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

I wouldn't replace it, they don't make em like that anymore, new cases are just ovens with no airflow

maybe you can put the graphics card on a different mobo slot so you avoid the broken supports, or are all of them broken? also you mean the plastics or the metal structure? you can easily get rid of those plastics and use screws, I always do that, those tool less mountings tend to be shit anyways

also clean the fans and get some filters, get a top filter as well, you can DIY

PSU: buy a normal one and use zip ties to keep the unused cables together, modular isn't worth when there's usually more than $20 difference.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB