HTC Announces two new VR headsets, "Vive Cosmos" and "Vive pro eye"

GoldenSound

I am still looking to a Windows Mixed Reality setup. These are probably gonna be too expensive for me to actually consider.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

The wireless one might be kinda cool, these probably make your wallet cry with their price tho

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Roomscale doesn't make a lot of sense without motion controllers, though in actual fact you had effectively roomscale tracking because tracking just the headset is much easier.

The controllers were added in late 2016 and came with a second sensor, allowing proper roomscale. It was never more expensive than the Vive.

Your pricing info is wrong. The Vive cost €900 (plus €90 shipping in my country) at launch. The Rift cost €700 + €200 controllers (free shipping on each).

Yeah their pricing info isn't wrong. They just live somewhere that had diffrent pricing than you. It launched for 800 where I live as well so 900 seems odd tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah their pricing info isn't wrong. They just live somewhere that had diffrent pricing than you. It launched for 800 where I live as well so 900 seems odd tbh. 

These were the standard European prices.

Just now, Sakkura said:

These were the standard European prices.

Well obviously not for them. It launched at 800 USD so I find that hard to believe that it would cost more in euros than in usd.

Didn't see this coming, but I've been out of the VR loop for a while now. I was an early adopter of the Vive and loved it. Glad to see it's still progressing :) 

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

11 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I guess Europe got screwed. Anyways for the US the vive was cheaper once you got all the extras for the oculus 

No. In the US, the Oculus Rift was $600 + $200, while the Vive was $800.

If you mean accessories like a 3rd sensor, then you should also include accessories for the Vive.

20 hours ago, mxk. said:

Interesting, isn't VR kinda dead? Maybe a good price point will encourage consumers.

I hope not!

I am waiting with my purchase until good dirty VR videos are available. ?

46 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

No. In the US, the Oculus Rift was $600 + $200, while the Vive was $800.

If you mean accessories like a 3rd sensor, then you should also include accessories for the Vive.

If you wanted all of the features the vive came with you would spend over 800 with the oculus. 

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

I hope not!

I am waiting with my purchase until good dirty VR videos are available. ?

woah there bruv

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

If you wanted all of the features the vive came with you would spend over 800 with the oculus. 

And if you wanted all the features the Oculus Rift came with, you would spend over $800 with the Vive.

22 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

I guess Europe got screwed. Anyways for the US the vive was cheaper once you got all the extras for the oculus 

European prices have tax included in them.
That US price does not include tax so for many people they would have to actually pay more than that.

And as Sakkura said, purchasing an oculus, and touch was still 100 euro cheaper than getting a vive.

Even getting a 3rd sensor still ended up cheaper by a few euro.

Video reviews: https://youtube.com/goldensound Written reviews and measurements: https://goldensound.audio
Current Main Setup: Roon -> HQPlayer -> Intel NUC -> Intona 7055-C Isolator -> Holo Audio May KTE DAC-> Holo Serene KTE preamp -> Benchmark AHB2 / Woo WA33
Most used headphones: Hifiman Susvara, Abyss 1266 Phi TC, Sennheiser HD800-S

12 minutes ago, GoldenOne said:

European prices have tax included in them.
That US price does not include tax so for many people they would have to actually pay more than that.

And as Sakkura said, purchasing an oculus, and touch was still 100 euro cheaper than getting a vive.

Even getting a 3rd sensor still ended up cheaper by a few euro.

Yeah an 800 dollar item would have a 50ish dollar tax on it. 900 is a rip off compared to 850 in the US seeing as USD is worth less than euros by a fair amount.

19 hours ago, Sakkura said:

And if you wanted all the features the Oculus Rift came with, you would spend over $800 with the Vive.

What feature did the base oculus come with that the vive didn't? 

10 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I would prefer to use my own headphones tbh. 

Not once you tried it.

9 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Not once you tried it.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I would just use my wireless ear buds.