ASUS GTX 670 DCU2 re-paste is it worth the risk?

For the past 6.5 years i have been using my ASUS GTX 670 dcu2 with no issues and good temps thanks to an aggressive fan curve. while there is technically no problem with my card the way it is rite now i would like to potentially lower my temps and try for a slightly better overclock. if that can't be accomplished then i can easily live with lower fan speeds. however there is significant risk involved. if i accidentally damage my GPU i am screwed. this is my one and only GPU and i do not have the money to fix or replace it. with all that said i have 3 main questions.

1. can i safely and easily remove the cooler from my gpu to swap the thermal paste and are there any guides showing how to do it?

2. can i safely use arctic silver thermal paste on the GPU die?

3. if done will it give a noticeable enough impact to have made it worth it? aka substantially lower temps and more overclocking headroom.

please only comment if you have experience re-pasting GPU's. speculation from people that have never done this doesn't help me in any sense of the word.

i look forward to reading your responses and thank you for reading.

its pretty easy to remove most coolers, though i would go with a non-conductive TIM. 

this video is an evga model, but should be pretty similar

my 970 was easy just 4 screws around the chip, do u have any pics of the card both sides up , coz some of the older cards had screws holding the shroud down too , if it is 4 screws its a 5 minit job lil wipe of alchahol fresh tim and screw it back up depending on what your paying for tim u could find a card or ebay or amazon for arround £25 if u search hard enough
( all this talk of tim makes me think im talking bout myself lol :D )

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE

50 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Without checking your card it could be easy as 4 screws around the die. So no large risk just don't move the cooler to fast or with to much force to prevent ripping the fan connector of the broad (Wiggle it a bit if the cooler is stuck). 

AS 5 is safe to use and should last very long.

If you repast don't be disappointed if the temps aren't better then before.

Thank you for actually answering one of my questions. i just double checked and my tube is arctic silver 5 so with a bit more research i should be okay.