Is a Vega 56 for £225 a good deal?

Hi,

I can buy a Vega 56 2nd hand for £225, it has flashed to 64 bios. Is this a good deal with the new Nvidia GPUs coming out? I currently have a 1060 3gb and want to upgrade for when I purchase a new monitor for freesync but I saw today that Nvidia announced they will support Freesync now so I'm not sure if this is still a good deal? I will be purchasing a IPS 144hz 1440p monitor sometime this year, not sure which one yet though.

Also, I bought my 2600x ryzen 10 days ago and am wondering if you guys think I made a bad choice purchasing it now? I had a 4670k before and really enjoy the performance boost I have recieved but I am worried my x470 board I bought won't be compatible with the new Ryzens.

Thanks.

Which model is it? 

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

I would offer 200

3 minutes ago, thebelgiumpope said:

I am worried my x470 board I bought won't be compatible with the new Ryzens.

Not sure why it wouldn't be, what makes you think that?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Quadriplegic said:

Which model is it? 

It's the refrence looking Powercoler one, I think Powercolor only have 1 year warranties which is where my worry lies, also not sure if it's worth it with the CES announcements. 

Just now, thebelgiumpope said:

It's the refrence looking Powercoler one, I think Powercolor only have 1 year warranties which is where my worry lies, also not sure if it's worth it with the CES announcements. 

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I would agree with @fasauceome, try to offer something like 180-200. V56 Pulse starts at 329 pounds if I remember right, you get better cooler, warranty and 3 free games

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

£225 is pretty good for a Vega 56. If you can get it for £200 that's even better.

3 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

I would agree with @fasauceome, try to offer something like 180-200. V56 Pulse starts at 329 pounds if I remember right, you get better cooler, warranty and 3 free games

£180 is a low price for a Vega 56, especially with the horrible prices of the UK's used market. I doubt OP will get a card for below £200.

1 minute ago, 1kv said:

£180 is a low price for a Vega 56, especially with the horrible prices of the UK's used market. I doubt OP will get a card for below £200.

It's always worth to give it a try

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Been told it's £225 or no deal, thanks for the replies guys.

When answering if this is a good deal bare in mind that 1070ti's are around £300 used.

This card was used for mining and the buyer didn't seem to know much about PCs, apparently he had the flash done by someone else (quick lookup told me it's not exactly hard), he also didn't know what CPU-z was. 

He does have a 14 day returns policy though so I think it's worth a go?

Just now, thebelgiumpope said:

Been told it's £225 or no deal, thanks for the replies guys.

When answering if this is a good deal bare in mind that 1070ti's are around £300 used.

I'm not surprised you were told that.

That V56 is a pretty good deal since the cheapest used 1070 I could find was £240.

1 minute ago, thebelgiumpope said:

This card was used for mining and the buyer didn't seem to know much about PCs, apparently he had the flash done by someone else (quick lookup told me it's not exactly hard), he also didn't know what CPU-z was. 

He does have a 14 day returns policy though so I think it's worth a go?

It's worth a try, especially considering the returns policy.

15 minutes ago, thebelgiumpope said:

What about 1070s?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, thebelgiumpope said:

Around £230

That does make it a lot more attractive of a deal then. If you buy it and get an aftermarket cooler, it would be an excellent card.

Primary PC:

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

That does make it a lot more attractive of a deal then. If you buy it and get an aftermarket cooler, it would be an excellent card.

Is the overclocking worth it with these cards?

5 minutes ago, thebelgiumpope said:

Is the overclocking worth it with these cards?

Well actually undervolting is where the gains come in. They're always too hot and draw too much power so opening wattman and reducing voltage will lower temps and therefore allow for higher clocks.

Primary PC:

47 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Well actually undervolting is where the gains come in. They're always too hot and draw too much power so opening wattman and reducing voltage will lower temps and therefore allow for higher clocks.

I will defo look into that!

Do you know if this card will run 1440p at atleast 60fps in games such as Blackout, PUBG, Overwatch etc?

1 hour ago, thebelgiumpope said:

I will defo look into that!

Do you know if this card will run 1440p at atleast 60fps in games such as Blackout, PUBG, Overwatch etc?

I believe it is a suitable card for such purposes, yes.

Primary PC: