Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best way to remote control pc

 Share

Hi not sure where to post this

what is the best way to remote control pc over a network ideally outside of my home network. I used hamachi and vnc before but can’t find how to set it up again.

mainly for gaming.

thanks 

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

teamviewer works pretty nicefor me, but it's hard to game on

Yea used it on my iPad but can’t remember how I set it up, do you know how to get hamachi to work with it? 

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, andybeech said:

Yea used it on my iPad but can’t remember how I set it up, do you know how to get hamachi to work with it? 

I personally never used it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking into this to, would i be able to use different internet connections with this?

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

teamviewer?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

 

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

 

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, andybeech said:

Hi not sure where to post this

what is the best way to remote control pc over a network ideally outside of my home network. I used hamachi and vnc before but can’t find how to set it up again.

mainly for gaming.

thanks 

if you want to pay, logmein is the fastest i have used so far. A colleague of mine used to play Wow of his brother computer quite far from where we were during his lunch time and he could do raids. A quick google map distance says 3,500 km (2,175 miles). Done couple years tech support and as i said it's the quickest mouse/keyboard response i have seen. These days teamviewer is still alot slower than logmein from 4 years ago (last time i used it for support).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Radmin is fastest for remote control. But using it for playing games? I'm not sure you described your needs proper. None of remote control are fast enough for playing games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Franck said:

if you want to pay, logmein is the fastest i have used so far. A colleague of mine used to play Wow of his brother computer quite far from where we were during his lunch time and he could do raids. A quick google map distance says 3,500 km (2,175 miles). Done couple years tech support and as i said it's the quickest mouse/keyboard response i have seen. These days teamviewer is still alot slower than logmein from 4 years ago (last time i used it for support).

Is that the hamachi version? I would prefer a free version as I wanted to just see how it is and would only really use it couple times a week if that, did try vnc viewer last night on my laptop which seems ok other then if you try using it on your phone the mouse cursor stays where you left it not ideal ?

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, andybeech said:

Is that the hamachi version? I would prefer a free version as I wanted to just see how it is and would only really use it couple times a week if that, did try vnc viewer last night on my laptop which seems ok other then if you try using it on your phone the mouse cursor stays where you left it not ideal ?

logmein is by hamachi yes and was not a free option back then. Looking at the site it is still apparently a pay to go software unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

AnyDesk is super simple to use and also has Android app so you can control your PC from an Android phone. Works really well. Not sure if it's fast enough for gaming though, especially outside of local network...

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | ASUS Strix X570-E | G.Skill 32GB 3733MHz CL16 | PALIT RTX 3080 10GB GamingPro | Samsung 850 Pro 2TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB | Sound Blaster AE-9 MUSES Edition | Altec Lansing MX5021 Nichicon/MUSES Edition

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RejZoR said:

AnyDesk is super simple to use and also has Android app so you can control your PC from an Android phone. Works really well. Not sure if it's fast enough for gaming though, especially outside of local network...

Thanks I’ll check it out and have a look see what it’s like, think that is the main issue with trying game as it’s similar to cloud gaming but even that has problems. Was trying shadow but it keeps crashing so decided try my own pc doing a similar thing.

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used monflo it's part of the millris program family, I have used it both for remote pc work and gaming. I have used it with phone hotspot to game as the program doesn't add much lag, but that was the only time I ever felt like I had lag with an offline game. It's also super simple to setup and run 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×