Synology DS412+ as User drives

kuraai

I'm looking to use our DS412+ as a replacement for Windows user folders.

Our users now have a folder on our Windows SBS2011 server, which usually only contains some documents etc sometimes videos, not the profiles. What I want to do is transfer all of these to our Synology server ans use the 'Drive' app from synology, this way our users can also access everything through the corresponding Android app and also move away from the Windows server a bit.

However the only concern I have right now is performance, I'm wondering whether the DS412+ with the Intel Atom D2700 can handle about it. We have about 50 users, but I would guess the people using their drive concurrently is very low.

Does anyone have any experience with this or can make an educated guess on this? Or even have any other objections to this.

Oh God, 50 users on a tiny synology? Why do you wanna move away from the windows server? 

I'm pretty sure you can make it work on Android and all profiles aswell. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I'm not sure if it's sarcasm about the 50 users? Considering you're saying you can make it work on Android, unless you mean a different approach?

However we'd like to eventually phase out our server. We'd like to move to mostly tablet use, and only a handful of people remaining on pc's, the Windows server is quite slow, we're using roaming profiles because most users don't have a designated workplace and move all over the place. We don't really use any propietary software or anything, the server is really only used for Exchange and profiles. And we're looking to move email outside as well.

The synology drive app is easy to use (free/cheap), taking into consideration that quite a few of our users barely know how to use a pc. Which is why I want to make it as easy and foolproof as possible.

Thing is I want them to be able to access their files (without using a cloud service) on their android tablets, and it has to be simple and easy to use. And we don't have a big budget to spend either.

P.S.

I noticed I put this in the wrong forum, made the thread in NAS & Servers as well now.