Slow conection for download only?

Hey there,

I have a rather odd issue that I've run into with my new build. Whenever i go to download anything my download speed throttles down to 10 mb/s. I have it hooked up Ethernet and have other devices like my Xbox hooked up as well. every thing else runs up to 75 to 100 mb/s as it normal does. I've run system checks and see that it says network is at 100% load. although i can do things like stream 4k and game online without the slightest bottleneck. Ran out of ideas on what could be causing this....

this may sound odd but have you tried to connect a different ethernet cable to the pc?
old or bad cables impact speeds significantly 

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

On 1/7/2019 at 3:34 AM, Martijn Klerks said:

this may sound odd but have you tried to connect a different ethernet cable to the pc?
old or bad cables impact speeds significantly 

I have, the system still gets the same results...

6 hours ago, Deadman121595 said:

I have, the system still gets the same results...

did you install the official drivers supplied by the motheboards manufacturer?

and what motherboard do you have?

Current build: Ryzen 7 1700x, asus prime x370-pro, 16gb gskill trident z rgb, asus rog strix gtx 1070 ti, corsair rm650x, nzxt s340 elite, samsung 840 pro 256gb, 1.5tb hdd.

just my thoughts....

For your network load being at 100% when trying to download would make me think that the network on the motherboard is bad, the driver is the wrong driver. Network cards are cheap and you may be able to borrow one from a friend and try to install that and see the difference. Like other suggestions to try another port and cable you can validate by using the cable from your xbox since you know its working you can try on your pc and put your cable from the pc on the xbox for more testing and it can let you know if a cable is the issue or the network on the motherboard is more of the problem.The only other slow down would be the drive your trying to download could be slow or close to full and that can cause slow downs.

when you say stream 4k and game online is that with the xbox or the pc?