Phone randomly disconnecting from Wifi when using Smart Home Apps

Synedisis
Go to solution Solved by Synedisis,

Finally got everything working again. My devices couldn't get a strong enough wifi signal from my modem in my master bedroom closet. I ended up finally

re-configuring my AP as a repeater instead to boost that signal to my devices rather than going through each device and switching it to a new connection. 

On the bright side I'm finally getting 500mbps on wireless so I guess it's a win-win. 

I recently got a bunch of smart home gadgets during the Black Friday sales and everything's been running perfectly since I've set them up. Today I've had tons of issues with my phone (iPhone X) disconnecting from my wifi when it's in use for Smart Home Apps (Google Home, Smart Life, Phillips Hue). Whenever the devices are in use my phone disconnects from wifi and switches over to data LTE. I've tried everything I can think of so I'm wondering if anyone has any input or something to try. Thanks in advance

Thermaltake Overseer RX-1
Intel i7-4930K
Asus RoG-Strix 1070ti A8G 
Asus P9X79 
Corsair Vengance 16GB DDR3 (4 x 4gb) RAM
Thermaltake Frio
Corsair HX750 
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
Seagate Firecuda 2tb

Just now, Synedisis said:

I recently got a bunch of smart home gadgets during the Black Friday sales and everything's been running perfectly since I've set them up. Today I've had tons of issues with my phone (iPhone X) disconnecting from my wifi when it's in use for Smart Home Apps (Google Home, Smart Life, Phillips Hue). Whenever the devices are in use my phone disconnects from wifi and switches over to data LTE. I've tried everything I can think of so I'm wondering if anyone has any input or something to try. Thanks in advance

Have you got a wifi extender/booster somewhere? 

I had one and because it was stronger then my main modem it always connected to that. It kept kicking me off tho when I changed the wifi password.

My Machines:

I know. I need to update this. And I will. Eventually. 

21 minutes ago, Snotrap said:

Have you got a wifi extender/booster somewhere? 

I had one and because it was stronger then my main modem it always connected to that. It kept kicking me off tho when I changed the wifi password.

I have an additional router setup as an AP close to where all the smart home stuff is, but I don't have it plugged in to a Ethernet port although it is still on. I also forgot it on my phone so that I don't automatically connect to any other wifi signals besides the one my smart home products use.

Intel i7-4930K
Asus P9X79 
Thermaltake Frio
Corsair HX750 
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
Seagate Firecuda 2tb

Finally got everything working again. My devices couldn't get a strong enough wifi signal from my modem in my master bedroom closet. I ended up finally

re-configuring my AP as a repeater instead to boost that signal to my devices rather than going through each device and switching it to a new connection. 

On the bright side I'm finally getting 500mbps on wireless so I guess it's a win-win. 

Intel i7-4930K
Asus P9X79 
Thermaltake Frio
Corsair HX750 
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
Seagate Firecuda 2tb