Need Help with old CRT Monitor

username1
Go to solution Solved by username1,

It's fixed! All I did was slightly lift the back of the monitor.

anyone know why? So, I can prevent it from happening again.

15468158650651317799700.jpg

I found an old crt monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 793s) so, i decided to hook it up and play some old school games. It was working really well all afternoon, until the screen turned yellow (I took pictures for compression) but the menu still looks normal. Don't know a lot about electronics, is there a problem with setting or might need to get it fixed.15468044228711295536927.thumb.jpg.3c77c2f9e20ce052a42bf0a1fa02be09.jpg

1546804869926447533767.jpg

you could try to work around a bit in the color settings, but that would be it softwarewise... tried swapping or even just reseating the cable?

9 minutes ago, username1 said:

I found an old crt monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 793s) so, i decided to hook it up and play some old school games. It was working really well all afternoon, until the screen turned yellow (I took pictures for compression) but the menu still looks normal. Don't know a lot about electronics, is there a problem with setting or might need to get it fixed.15468044228711295536927.thumb.jpg.3c77c2f9e20ce052a42bf0a1fa02be09.jpg

1546804869926447533767.jpg

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you could try to work around a bit in the color settings, but that would be it softwarewise... tried swapping or even just reseating the cable?

First thing I did was reseat the cable even cleaned it and the VGA cable is attached to  the monitor, tried playing around with the colour but it still looks yellowish.

Just now, username1 said:

First thing I did was reseat the cable even cleaned it and the VGA cable is attached to  the monitor, tried playing around with the colour but it still looks yellowish.

yeah, then it might just be the panel... I would wait for some other user's before getting a different one, but it might be eol

btw, why did you mark it as solved?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah, then it might just be the panel... I would wait for some other user's before getting a different one, but it might be eol

btw, why did you mark it as solved?

I didn't knew which button was for reply and clicked it by accident, it's my first time on any forum and thanks for trying to help.

It's fixed! All I did was slightly lift the back of the monitor.

anyone know why? So, I can prevent it from happening again.

15468158650651317799700.jpg