Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VIN1,2 and 3 at 2volts

I oc´d my i5 8600k 1.260V to 4.8GHZ and the temps are around 60 when I test it with cinebench (Dark Rock TF Cooler),

What are these voltages tho? They´re the same at idle and load, and I´m concerned. Before this they were 0.8v lower which is worrying

image.png.0f93b0efb69292b9366bcf225a2466ae.png

HWMonitor isn't that great at reading those voltages. I also get weird voltages with same number names on my Ryzen system.

HWiNFO on the other hand shows clearly labeled voltage names and without weird 2V readings.

9 minutes ago, Zagna said:

HWMonitor isn't that great at reading those voltages. I also get weird voltages with same number names on my Ryzen system.

HWiNFO on the other hand shows clearly labeled voltage names and without weird 2V readings.

I have hwinfo and couldnt find vin1 anywhere, nor could i see 2v voltages, do you know what voltages these exactly are on hwinfo?

7 minutes ago, Mentos said:

I have hwinfo and couldnt find vin1 anywhere, nor could i see 2v voltages, do you know what voltages these exactly are on hwinfo?

Just ghosts in the machine.

1 hour ago, Zagna said:

Just ghosts in the machine.

What do you mean with that?

1 hour ago, Mentos said:

What do you mean with that?

Erroneous reading.

17 hours ago, Zagna said:

Erroneous reading.

I have no idea what that means, should I do sensors only, summary or just start it normally?

2 hours ago, Mentos said:

I have no idea what that means, should I do sensors only, summary or just start it normally?

The chip that reads all the sensors on the motherboard, temps voltage and fan RPM, saves the results in a memory location in its internal memory.

If you read the wrong bit of memory or read the correct position but interpret it incorrectly (there are many ways to encode a decimal value in a byte structure), you get nonsense readings. HWMonitor likes to do that.

HWiNFO has better support for sensors and you should see under the motherboard section of 'Sensors only' that there should be clearly labeled voltages and none of them being a group of weird incorrect 2V or anything like that readings.