Will a USB hub affect speed / respons of mouse, keyboard etc?

UsernamePassword

I am looking to get a stand up desk and wanted to buy a USB hub so I can plug in my mouse and keyboard etc... into it so reduce the amount of cables going to the PC.

Will a usb hub affect the speed of my devices / increase the latency / respons or will it be the same?

Can someone recommend me a really decent usb 3.0 hub from Amazon?

I might also need some kind of USB extension cable to the USB hub, will this affect it as well?

Thanks

Idk it depends on the HUB build quality i guess.

But for mice or keyboard i'd say it will be the same but for data transfer it will get split if you use more than 1 storage device at a time.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

21 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Idk it depends on the HUB build quality i guess.

But for mice or keyboard i'd say it will be the same but for data transfer it will get split if you use more than 1 storage device at a time.

Let's say a usb hub like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Atolla-Powered-Splitter-Switches-Charging/dp/B071QZ5D7L

I need a usb hub with at least 5 ports?

Or like 2 of these together?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-4-Port-Ultra-Drives-Devices/dp/B00Y25XFGK/ref=sr_1_5?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1546788548&sr=1-5&keywords=usb+3.0+hub'

And then somethging like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-10373-Extension-Extender-Oculus/dp/B00P0ES0YE/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1546788685&sr=1-7&keywords=usb+3.0+extension+cable+2m

5 minutes ago, TriTexas said:

Let's say a usb hub like this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Atolla-Powered-Splitter-Switches-Charging/dp/B071QZ5D7L

I need a usb hub with at least 5 ports?

Yep it will do i think, if its only for mouse and keyboard but as i said. because it plugged to a one USB PORT the bandwidth will get split if you use more than 1 storage device at a time.

For example if you plug 2 flash drive and use them to copy a data at the same time then the speed will get split.

USB 3.0 has 640MBps speed so for the sake of simplicity the bandwidth will be 320MBps for each flash drive.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

8 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Yep it will do i think, if its only for mouse and keyboard but as i said. because it plugged to a one USB PORT the bandwidth will get split if you use more than 1 storage device at a time.

For example if you plug 2 flash drive and use them to copy a data at the same time then the speed will get split.

USB 3.0 has 640MBps speed so for the sake of simplicity the bandwidth will be 320MBps for each flash drive.

Hmm Thank you,

But there is no possible way that Mouse, Keyboard & headset (for example) will use all 640MBps? 

Or can I expect a few ms extra latency?

1 hour ago, TriTexas said:

Hmm Thank you,

But there is no possible way that Mouse, Keyboard & headset (for example) will use all 640MBps? 

Or can I expect a few ms extra latency?

No of course..hmm i have no idea..i never try it myself but mouse and keyboard are a very simple device..so even if it does it would likely to be negligible 

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I will say I have had this happen while using an external usb hub, even one that was usb 3.0. It slowed down mouse performance pretty significantly even if the mouse was plugged into the computer's on board ports. I switched to a bluetooth mouse and now it works fine no matter my configuration. 

(P.S. I know it was the hub causing the issue and not just the mouse itself because the mouse only acted up when the hub was plugged in)