Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HELP! Can I run RX 570 8Gb on 450w PSU? (COOLER MASTER ATX 80PLUS BRONZE)

I’m having 450W PSU and thinking about upgrading my GPU from APU to RX 570 8Gb and I’m confused because it’s say recommended PSU is 450W and somewhere else 500W...really need help thanks.

It will run fine.

Main PC:  MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage; running macOS, but waiting for Linux to be ported to the M1

On AMD's website they state the requirement for PSU is 450W so you are on par with it. Though if you start adding in a bunch of extra ports or drives/fans you might be going over a limit. It depends what else is in your PC.

Coolermaster do have a "calculator" for PSU. Take it with a grain of salt though as it is similar to the bottleneck calculators and arent 100% accurate. But its worth a look.

http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM

5th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air

34 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

thank for answer. Its MasterWatt PSU. And this is my current Power consumption, around 120 W. I'm running Ryzen 5 2400g with Vega 11.

Brez naslova.png

13_57e590babb368be1416e44beae67bf87_1504065356.jpg

32 minutes ago, Findiculous said:

On AMD's website they state the requirement for PSU is 450W so you are on par with it. Though if you start adding in a bunch of extra ports or drives/fans you might be going over a limit. It depends what else is in your PC.

Coolermaster do have a "calculator" for PSU. Take it with a grain of salt though as it is similar to the bottleneck calculators and arent 100% accurate. But its worth a look.

http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

thank u very much I appreciate it. )

1 minute ago, aljazriznar said:

thank u very much I appreciate it. )

my pc is having 2 95mm case fans, ryzen 5 2400g stock cooler, 2x ssd 240gb. its really like a budget pc.

24 minutes ago, aljazriznar said:

thank for answer. Its MasterWatt PSU. And this is my current Power consumption, around 120 W. I'm running Ryzen 5 2400g with Vega 11.

Brez naslova.png

13_57e590babb368be1416e44beae67bf87_1504065356.jpg

Yeah, a Masterwatt is pretty alright, and should be perfectly fine.

Also, if you have the CoolerMaster Master Watt Lite isn't so good, but will be fine with a RX 570 anyway, but I wouldn't buy it if you don't have it already.

400W is more than enough for most systems; you can run a GTX 1080ti and an i7 8700k on that.

Don't look at software readouts for power consumption/voltage. If it doesn't have a volt meter and ammeter built in, it won't show accurate readings.

44 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Yeah, a Masterwatt is pretty alright, and should be perfectly fine.

Also, if you have the CoolerMaster Master Watt Lite isn't so good, but will be fine with a RX 570 anyway, but I wouldn't buy it if you don't have it already.

400W is more than enough for most systems; you can run a GTX 1080ti and an i7 8700k on that.

Don't look at software readouts for power consumption/voltage. If it doesn't have a volt meter and ammeter built in, it won't show accurate readings.

I didnt buy it yet. What do you prefer? should I go with 1060?

1 minute ago, aljazriznar said:

I didnt buy it yet. What do you prefer? should I go with 1060?

A GTX 1060 6GB is faster than an RX 570 4/8GB.

I think the GTX 1060 3GB is slower than a RX 570, plus 3GB of VRAM isn't enough IMO.

I didn't say the GPU was bad, just double check you aren't getting a MasterWatt Lite, The picture you sent was just a MasterWatt though (which is the good model).

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

A GTX 1060 6GB is faster than an RX 570 4/8GB.

I think the GTX 1060 3GB is slower than a RX 570, plus 3GB of VRAM isn't enough IMO.

I didn't say the GPU was bad, just double check you aren't getting a MasterWatt Lite, The picture you sent was just a MasterWatt though (which is the good model).

I have the MasterWatt without lite. Ye its faster but its cost more it cost like 420 € (474$) and im a student and im on the budget and looking for a great deal for decent performance. (playing new titles, editing, etc) what do you think about diffrence between vega 11 and rx 570/gtx 1060?